How do you make O’Charley’s California Chicken Salad?
For the grilled chicken – I actually used leftovers from my grilled turkey tenderloin (chicken – turkey – eh – it’s all a delicious bird!) – but you can also use the pre-cooked chicken from the store or even make up a whole chicken in a crock pot. I bought candied pecans (cuz they’re my favorite) – but you can also make sugared pecans in a crock pot!
The Balsamic Dressing was delicious too – and a perfect light compliment to all the bright flavors of the fruit in the salad. I love the punch of bleu cheese – sometimes it can be too much and too strong – but it’s perfect here! The dressing stays fine in the fridge for a week or so – that way you’ll eat more salads!
If you’re looking for more salad recipes – I’ve got you covered! This grilled cheese salad is great with this same Balsamic Vinegar and uses a grilled cheese sandwich as croutons! This Strawberry Cacao Salad also has fruit in your salad and is one of my favorites!! And this Applebee’s Southwest Lime Chicken Salad is so good – it’s really zesty and piled with yummy toppings!
Copycat O’Charley’s California Chicken Salad
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/3 cup candied pecans
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-cooked grilled chicken
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
How to cook Copycat O’Charley’s California Chicken Salad
- Create salad using all salad ingredients and splitting between two bowls
- For dressing, add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Pour over salad
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator.