Olive Garden is known for pasta and their alfredo is simply perfection. The first time I made this – I was transported back to all those times I went with my best friend in college and craving salad & breadsticks!
This alfredo sauce is spot on! You won’t be disappointed! It’s creamy, cheesy and goes together in minutes! You’ll never buy the jarred stuff again.
What are the ingredients in Olive Garden Alfredo sauce?
There’s no egg in Olive Garden Alfredo but let me tell you it’s a dairy-lovers dream with butter, cream and cheese! There’s also a little flour and garlic – and that’s it! There is a little flour in it though so it’s not gluten free. It is vegetarian but not vegan.
How do you make Olive Garden’s Alfredo sauce from scratch?
It’s so simple – saute butter and garlic and then add a little flour, milk, cream and cheese! That’s all there is to it! It only takes five minutes and it tastes amazing! You’ll never buy the stuff in a jar again.
And I’m not kidding when I say that it literally transported me! My best friend and I went to Olive Garden like once a week when we lived together. One bite of this and I knew it was perfect! It’s such a simple dish and I love that it goes together so quickly – and you probably have everything you need in the fridge!
If you haven’t realized it – I love Olive Garden! So much so – I’ve made a bunch of copycat Olive Garden recipes and you have to try them all! There’s the Olive Garden signature salad and dressing, their new oven-baked tortellini alfredo (same sauce!), stuffed shells, pasta fagioli, chicken scampi and shrimp scampi.
Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccini Alfredo
- Cook pasta according to directions on box1/2 lb fettucini
- When the pasta has about 4-5 minutes left, SAUTE the butter and garlic in a saucepan on medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.6 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp garlic
- Whisk in flour2 tbsp flour
- quickly ADD the remaining ingredients to saucepan and stir frequently until the sauce begins to simmer. Remove from heat.1.5 cups milk, 1.5 cups heavy cream, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Drain pasta and serve with Alfredo sauce