What are the ingredients in Olive Garden Alfredo sauce?
There’s no egg in Olive Garden Alfredo but let me tell you it’s a dairy-lovers dream with butter, cream and cheese! There’s also a little flour and garlic – and that’s it! There is a little flour in it though so it’s not gluten free. It is vegetarian but not vegan.
How do you make Olive Garden’s Alfredo sauce from scratch?
It’s so simple – saute butter and garlic and then add a little flour, milk, cream and cheese! That’s all there is to it! It only takes five minutes and it tastes amazing! You’ll never buy the stuff in a jar again.
And I’m not kidding when I say that it literally transported me! My best friend and I went to Olive Garden like once a week when we lived together. One bite of this and I knew it was perfect! It’s such a simple dish and I love that it goes together so quickly – and you probably have everything you need in the fridge!
If you haven’t realized it – I love Olive Garden! So much so – I’ve made a bunch of copycat Olive Garden recipes and you have to try them all! There’s the Olive Garden signature salad and dressing, their new oven-baked tortellini alfredo (same sauce!), stuffed shells, pasta fagioli, chicken scampi and shrimp scampi.
Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccini Alfredo
- 1/2 box Fettuccini
- 3 oz butter (6 tbsp)
- 1 TBSP Garlic
- 2 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup imported Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup imported Romano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to cook Copycat Olive Garden Fettuccini Alfredo
- Cook pasta according to directions on box
- When the pasta has about 4-5 minutes left, SAUTE the butter and garlic in a saucepan on medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- ADD the remaining ingredients to saucepan and stir frequently until the sauce begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and serve with Alfredo sauce