How do you make Olive Garden’s Minestrone soup?
It’s so easy! First you saute a few veggies (carrots, onion, celery, zucchini) with garlic. Then you add everything else to it! You add in vegetable stock, tomatoes, beans, and pasta. The pasta cooks in the stock – so need to pre-cook it. Then I added a little torn up kale (or spinach) right at the end before serving.
Can you make copycat minestrone soup in a crock pot?
Definitely! I would still saute the veggies and then put everything – but the pasta – in the crockpot. Then I would add the pasta and kale 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve the soup.
This is the best Olive Garden minestrone soup recipe out there! I researched and looked up other recipes – then went back to Olive Garden and got the soup again – just to make sure I really knew what it tasted like. This Minestrone is spot on perfection!
Is Olive Garden Minestrone Vegan or Vegetarian?
Olive Garden Minestrone is vegetarian and even vegan – as long as you don’t sprinkle the Parmesan on top! This copycat Olive Garden minestrone does not have any meat or chicken broth – I used vegetable stock and it was great. There’s also no wine in the soup.
Is Olive Garden Minestrone Gluten Free?
It is not gluten free because of the pasta – but you could easily swap out a gluten free pasta.
Does Olive Garden Minestrone have dairy?
No dairy but I sprinkled on a little Parmesan at the end. The recipe does not have any dairy in it though.
If you’re looking for other copycat Olive Garden recipes – I’ve got you covered!
Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, large dice
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 small zucchini halved and sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 ounce can italian diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/3 cup ditali pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 – 15 ounce can small white beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 – 15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can Italian green beans, drained
- 1 cup kale, roughly torn
How to cook Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven style pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, celery, carrots and zucchini to the pot.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, oregano and basil to the pot. Bring to a simmer and turn heat too low.
- Add uncooked pasta, white beans, kidney beans, green beans. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped kale and cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted.