How do you make Cheeseburger Macaroni Soup?
It’s a simple recipe – you brown ground beef, then add an orange pepper, 1/2 onion, mushrooms, garlic, oregano and thyme. It was definitely smelling good in my kitchen!
Then, add chicken broth and simmer for twenty minutes – then add spinach and shredded cheese. While all that is going – cook 1/2 box of macaroni. Once it’s all done – add the macaroni and you’ve got a pot full of yum.
This soup is DELICIOUS! The cheese sort of sticks to the ground beef and pasta – which I love – because it’s still a brothy soup rather than creamy.
I tend to not love soup for dinner because I still tend to be hungry – but not with this Cheeseburger Macaroni Soup! It’s definitely a MEAL in a bowl!
I also took some of the leftover Cheeseburger soup to work the next day for a coworker and he loved it as well! He’s always asking people to bring lunch in for him – so I obliged. Once the macaroni is in the soup overnight – it becomes less of a soup as the macaroni absorbs a lot of the liquid. Still delicious though – maybe even better than the first night. So good!
Cheeseburger Macaroni Soup
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 1 orange pepper (any color really), diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 package sliced mushrooms (8 oz), chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz elbow macaroni (1/2 box)
- 6-10 oz baby spinach, chopped
- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or cubed
- crumbled cooked bacon for garnish
How to cook Cheeseburger Macaroni Soup
- In a dutch oven, brown ground beef over medium heat. Season with salt & pepper. If beef is lean, add a little olive oil.
- Add pepper, onion, mushrooms, garlic, oregano and thyme. Stir often until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth and simmer 20 minutes.
- While broth is simmering, cook macaroni according to directions.
- Stir spinach into the pot along with cheese. Stir frequently as the spinach becomes wilted and the cheese is melting completelyOnce macaroni is done, drain and rinse quickly. Then add to the soup.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and bacon if desired.