How do you make Creamy Macaroni and Cheese on the stovetop?
What cheese do you use to make super creamy mac & cheese?
My friend Rhonda passed this recipe onto me – it’s her Grandpas! And if you ever see my fun nails in my blog posts – that’s all Rhonda – she’s also my nail tech! Rhonda also gave me the recipe for Cherries in the Snow that I made over the holidays (zomg so good!).
This recipe is delicious but because I live alone – I didn’t want to make a full batch – so this is about a half batch. If you’ve got a family of four – you can have this as an entree – or plus up and you’ve got leftovers!
To make the full batch it’s 8 cups water, 1 full box of macaroni, 1 stick of butter, 1 whole small box of Velveeta and 3 jars of Old English. I have to say – I almost wish I’d made the full batch – it was sooooo good!
What to serve with Macaroni & Cheese?
The Creamiest Macaroni & Cheese
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 jars Old English cheddar cheese spread
- 8 oz Velveeta cut into cubes (2 blocks if you use Velveeta mini blocks)
- 1/2 stick butter in cubes
How to cook The Creamiest Macaroni & Cheese
- Bring water to boil in large pot – BE SURE TO MEASURE THE WATER!!!
- Cook macaroni until half done – do not drain
- Stir in cheeses
- When cheese is almost melted, add butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauce will thicken up after it stands for 15 minutes – or is even better the next day!