One of the highlights of the trip was our visit to Ruby Slipper Cafe! Ruby Slipper originated in New Orleans but is quickly expanding across the south and they know their biscuits! They top them with everything you can think of – but before you can top the biscuit – you need to perfect it!
How do you make Ruby Slipper’s Buttermilk Biscuits?
What to serve with Ruby Slipper’s Buttermilk Biscuits
Copycat Ruby Slipper Buttermilk Biscuit
- 1 2/3 cups self rising flour
- 1 stick frozen salted butter – grated
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbs water
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl, mix flour, grated butter and buttermilk
- Mix with hands until tacky (see photos) – should still be “wet”
- Add water if necessary for texture to remain sticky/wet
- Light dust counter with flour and roll out dough – Do not over work the dough! Keep dough about 1″ thick
- Cut biscuits with round cutter or glass – when you cut – just cut down – do not twist cutter
- Place on non-stick cookie sheet that has had a light spray of nonstick spray
- Bake at 350 for 22 min oven until top and bottom are golden
- If not golden on top – broil on low for 1 minute – but WATCH CLOSELY!
- Air Fryer Instructions: Bake at 350 for 16 minutes – they were even fluffier!