I also decided this will be the summer of the Traeger! I was given this grill a couple years ago and have only used it a couple of times – but 2020 is the year for me! I’m going to learn how to be a grillin mamajama!
Can Traeger grills be stored outside?
Yes – for sure! I would just be sure to get a Traeger cover for your grill model (I have the Pro Series 22). They’re specially made to fit the smoke stacks. I had my Traeger on my outdoor deck for 2 years under a cover and hadn’t touched it! I “fired” it up and it worked like a charm!
How to use your Traeger grill
How to cook turkey tenderloin?
I used a two-pound Honeysuckle Turkey Breast Tenderloin to grill this Turkey Tenderloin. I meant to get a plain tenderloin so I could create a marinade but when I pulled it out of the freezer – it was a rotisserie flavored marinade – guess that’s what I’m using.
You can cook these tenderloin pieces in the oven, air fryer or grill.
How long to cook turkey breast tenderloin
I grilled my turkey tenderloin on the Traeger at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and it was at 165 degrees. I always use an Instant Read Thermometer – they’re super cheap now and it gives you complete confidence that your chicken, turkey, pork and beef are ready.
What to serve with grilled turkey tenderloin?
This smoked turkey breast tenderloin cooked on a Traeger grill was a perfect meal and I had leftovers for days! I couldn’t believe how juicy the turkey came out. The grill really sealed in the juices and flavor – it was delicious!
You can use leftover turkey for lots of different recipes – really anything where you would use grilled chicken! Salads are great – I ate my leftovers on salads every day! This Applebee’s Southwest Lime Salad was a great one to try! Or if you’re feeling like pasta – this Olive Garden Chicken Tortellini is delicious as well! And if you’re wanting to be healthy – this Copycat Lean Cuisine Ranch Club Flatbread Melt is just the trick!
Grilled Turkey Tenderloin
- 2 pound marinated turkey tenderloin
- 2 medium-large carrots, cut into sticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
How to cook Grilled Turkey Tenderloin
- Make sure there are enough pellets in the hopper.
- Turn Traeger grill onto Smoke setting and turn on.
- After about 4-5 minutes, Traeger grill starts to smoke – shut lid and change temp to 350 degrees
- Watch temperature gage and it will come up to temp in about 5-10 minutes
- While grill is coming up to temp, slice carrots into sticks and place in a cast iron skillet. Toss with oil and salt in pan.
- Once grill is at 350 degrees – place turkey tenderloin pieces on grill along with cast iron skillet
- Shut lid for 15 minutes – flip tenderloin pieces
- Shut lid and grill for 10 more minutes
- Come back and check the temperature on your turkey. It should be 160-165 degrees.
- Remove carrots (with a potholder!) and turkey from grill.
- To shut down your Traeger, leave the grill lid open, turn the knob to Shut Down. After about 5 minutes the fan will shut down and then you can turn the power off.