Are the Panera Warm Grain Bowls good?
What are the ingredients in the Panera Mediterranean Warm Grain Bowl?
- Greens – they use arugula but you can use spinach or mixed greens
- Cooked brown rice and quinoa – you can buy a precooked version for a short cut. They have freezer brands but also Minute Rice has some in cups that I usually buy to make these.
- Chicken breasts
- lemon/garlic marinade (My favorite!)
- Grape tomatoes
- Kalamata olives
- Hummus – they used a “plain” traditional – I used Roasted Red Pepper hummus because I love it!
- Plain non-fat greek yogurt – you can sub sour cream if you’d like
- Fresh lemon juice
- Tahini dressing (optional) – Honestly, I didn’t even notice the tahini dressing in the original bowl and with the hummus and yogurt – you don’t even need it.
How to make Panera Mediterranean Warm Grain Bowl
- Marinate chicken breasts in your favorite citrus/garlic marinade overnight.
- Bake chicken breasts for 20 minutes at 350 until cooked to 165 degrees.
- During last ten minutes of baking, microwave frozen rice/quinoa for 4 minutes in a microwave safe bowl.
- In two large serving bowls, place arugula around edge of bowl.
- Prep veggies: slice tomatoes and dice cucumbers
- When quinoa is cooked, divide between two serving bowls
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 5 minutes
- Top quinoa/argula with tomatoes, cucumbers, olives
- Slice chicken and place on top of quinoa.
- Add a heaping spoonful of hummus and yogurt to the bowl
- Top with crumbled feta and squeeze lemon over warm grain bowl
- If you like, you can add a tahini dressing – it really doesn’t need it.
Panera Copycat Recipes & Other Favorites
- Panera Baja Warm Grain Bowl
- Copycat Panera Broth Bowl
- Copycat Broccoli Cheddar Mac & Cheese
- You can find other Panera recipes here…
Panera Mediterranean Warm Grain Bowl
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1-2 cups mojo criollo marinade
- 2 cups cooked brown rice & quinoa
- 2 cups arugula or spinach/mixed greens
- 10 grape tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olive
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/3 cup feta
- 1/2 cup Plain Fat Free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup tahini dressing
- Marinate chicken breasts overnight in Mojo Criollo Marinade
- Cook chicken breasts – Bake: 350 degrees for 20 minutesAir Fry: 350 degrees for 12 minutes
- Heat your rice/quinoa according to package directions
- In two large serving bowls, place greens around edge of bowl
- Prep veggies (slice tomatoes, cucumbers)
- Add cooked quinoa and split between two bowls on top of greens
- Remove chicken and let rest for 5 minutes
- Top quinoa/greens with tomatoes, cucumber, olives
- Slice chicken and place on top of quinoa
- Add heaping spoonful of hummus and yogurt to the bowl
- Top with crumbled feta
- Squeeze lemon over both bowls
- If you like, add tahini dressing – but I didn't feel it needed it!
– For the brown rice/quinoa – you can either use a bag of frozen rice/quinoa or Minute Rice makes a microwavable one! Super quick!
– Tahini dressing is expensive and not easy to find – I found that it wasn’t necessary with the yogurt and hummus – and when I tried the Panera version – I didn’t even taste it!
– Arugula is lighter than spinach but a little bitter – I found a mix of the two at the store that was really good
Leave a Reply