I buy frozen tuna in individually wrapped packages and just take one out in the morning – and it’s thawed by the time I get home. The only seasoning I use is a touch of coarse sea salt.
I sear that in a little olive oil – 2-3 minutes on each side and that’s it! I like tuna medium rare – but cook it to your desired doneness.
Plating is super simple – you just take about a cup (or more) of diced watermelon on your plate – top it with your seared tuna – sprinkle on crumbled feta and then top it all with a little coarse sea salt and your favorite Greek salad dressing.
Watermelon & Feta Salad with Grilled Tuna
- Heat skillet/grill with olive oil, season tuna steaks with salt
- Sear tuna for 2-3 minutes on each side (I like it medium rare, but cook to your preferred doneness)
- While tuna is searing, plate 1 cup of watermelon on each plate – leaving the center open for tuna
- Sprinkle crumbled feta on top of watermelon
- Add seared tuna to center of each plate
- Sprinkle all ingredients with your favorite Greek Salad Dressing and a bit more coarse sea salt