As far as the parchment paper – you can use regular parchment paper – and I did for this because I was out of my favorite parchment bags. With the paper you just sort of bring the sides up and fold them over a few times so it stays together. Then fold the sides under like you’re wrapping a gift. I’m not going to lie – I’ve been known to staple them if I can’t get them to stay! Bhahaha! That’s why I started buying the bags – they are really great quality and not that expensive.
Looking for other Weight Watchers-friendly recipes?
Zero Point Salmon en Papillote Dinner
- 3/4 pound salmon, separated into two pieces
- 1 broccoli crown, broken into pieces
- 1/2 bag frozen diced butternut squash
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- Lemon Herb Seasoning
- 1 5.3 oz cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- juice from other 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lay out two large pieces of parchment paper – (or use parchment bags)
- On each piece of parchment paper – lay out a piece of salmon, 1/2 broccoli and 1/2 butternut squash
- Sprinkle lemon herb seasoning heavily on salmon and lightly on veggies. (I like Old Bay Lemon Herb Seasoning)
- Add 1-2 lemon slices on each packet
- Fold parchment paper like wrapping a gift – bring up sides and fold down – then tuck sides under salmon (the bags are easier!)
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes – until salmon is medium rare
- While parchment packs are cooking, make sauce by combining yogurt, lemon juice, dill and salt. Stir and refrigerate until salmon is ready.
- When salmon is ready, serve and top salmon with yogurt sauce!