How to make Pasta Primavera?
This was very easy to make and you can make the whole dish in the time it takes to cook the pasta! While the pasta cooks – steam the vegetables (fresh broccoli and frozen peas and carrots). Then – make your sauce! Melt butter, add garlic, mustard, cream and lemon juice – whisk together and you’re done! Toss it all together and you have pasta primavera! I also added in spinach like the Panera dish but I didn’t cook it – it wilted a little with the warmth of the cooked pasta but was still crunchy! Yum!
Does Pasta Primavera Have a Sauce?
Yes – I used a light lemon cream sauce – you can make it very quickly and easily with a little butter, cream, lemon juice and dijon mustard. There’s no cheese in it – but I did shave a little and put it on top of the pasta and vegetables.
Other Panera Copycat Recipes
Here are some of my other favorite Panera Copycat recipes:
Copycat Panera Pasta Primavera
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- When you put the noodles in the water to boil - In a microwave safe bowl - add 1/4 cup water and broccoli. In a separate bowl, add peas & carrots. Cover both with press & seal wrap (or the like) and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Remove the broccoli and heat peas/carrots for 2 minutes more. Remove from microwave and set aside.
- Over medium heat in a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add minced garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
- Add heavy cream and boil until reduced by one-third and remove from heat.
- When pasta is done, drain pasta.
- Toss pasta, salt, broccoli, peas and carrots in cream sauce.
- Assemble pasta primavera bowls by placing a handful of raw spinach in bottom of bowl.
- Top spinach with one cup of pasta mixture
- Spoon 1-2 Tablespoons pesto over pasta and top with parmesan cheese