Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is so delicious! I’ve been making it every week – and my dinner is ready in under 20 minutes! I’ve been so excited to share this with you – especially my jazzed up version with a little alfredo sauce too!
I love this dish because there’s very little oil since you’re air frying the chicken and that means you get to load up on more cheese!!!! The chicken is also super juicy – it’s so good!
How to make Chicken Parmesan in the air fryer?
For the actual chicken part of Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan – it’s very simple! Here’s how you make it:
Step 1: Lay down a sheet of parchment paper and put the chicken breast on top. Fold the parchment over top and then using the flat side of a meat tenderizer – lightly pound it to an even thickness.
Step 2: Set up your breading trays: Tray 1 – flour, Tray 2 – beaten eggs, Tray 3 – Italian Breadcrumbs/Parmesan Cheese/Salt.
Step 3: Dip chicken in each tray, coating all sides thoroughly and place in your air fryer
Step 4: Spritz with olive oil and Air Fry at 350 for 8 minutes
Step 5: Turn chicken, top with marinara and fresh mozzarella. Spritz again with olive oil and air fry an additional 6 minutes.
While the chicken is in the air fryer – get your pasta cooking and make a quick alfredo sauce. I’ve got all the instructions below. I love the combination of alfredo and marinara!
Can Chicken Parmesan be frozen?
Sure! I think it’s such a quick dish to make – I don’t typically but here’s a couple tips if you choose to freeze it:
- You could make the chicken ahead of time – without the marinara and cheese topping – then put all the component together and freeze them (spaghetti, topped with chicken, marinara and cheese) – then when you’re ready to eat – bake it as a casserole dish.
- I wouldn’t freeze the alfredo – just leave that out if you’re going to freeze for later. Dairy doesn’t thaw and reheat well.
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
What to serve with Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Copycat Olive Garden Signature Italian Salad
- Air Fryer Garlic Cheese Texas Toast
- Copycat Carnival Cruise Chocolate Melting Cake
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup marinara
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 box spaghetti
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Place large pot of water on stove on high for pasta
- Set up three shallow dishes. Place Tray 1: flour, Tray 2: beaten eggs Tray 3: Italian breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and salt
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness (place chicken breast on parchment – fold parchment over – pound lightly with flat side of meat tenderizer)
- Coat chicken breasts in flour, then dip in egg and coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken in air fryer basket. Spritz with olive oil spray.
- Place pasta in water and boil according to package directions
- Cook on 350ºF for 8 minutes.
- Turn chicken and spray with olive oil spray
- Spread 1/4 cup marinara sauce on each and top with 2 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Cook on 350ºF for 5-6 minutes longer. (Temp check chicken to 160-165)
- Drain the pasta and set aside.
- Using a skillet or small sauce pan, SAUTE the butter and garlic in a saucepan on medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour to the butter and whisk until incorporated.
- ADD the remaining ingredients (milk, cream, cheese) to pan and whisk frequently until the sauce begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Split pasta between two bowls and top with 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce and then top with air fryer chicken parmesan and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- you can leave out the alfredo but i love the mix of alfredo and marinara
- if you don’t have heavy cream – alternatively you can use one cup half and half instead of the milk/heavy cream split
- if you don’t have Italian breadcrumbs you can add 1 tbsp italian seasoning to plain breadcrumbs
Leave a Reply