Olive Garden House Salad is literally the best restaurant salad! It has all your favorite toppings like olives and tomatoes and topped with that delicious and tangy dressing and I have the recipe to share with you!
What You Will ❤️ About Olive Garden House Salad
- Classic – This is a classic house salad with all your favorite things!
- Perfect Side – The only thing you need when you’re dining on a bowl of pasta and a handful of breadsticks is this salad!
- Favorite in Every Bite – I might have put far more olives in this copycat Olive Garden salad recipe because they are my favorite! But that’s why I love it – add more of what you love!
Olive Garden House Salad Ingredients
The Olive Garden Salad is pretty simple to replicate but that dressing takes a little work – but that’s why I’m here. I bought the Olive Garden salad dressing from the store and then tweaked and worked my recipe until it had that same signature OG taste!
- Olive Garden Copycat Salad – this is such a classic salad – I feel like you can just look at it and KNOW it’s from Olive Garden. Here’s what you’ll need for this classic favorite:
- Iceberg & Romaine lettuce – you can use a salad mix but I like to stay true to it and just use Iceberg & Romaine
- Red Onion
- Shredded Carrots – sometimes a salad blend comes with carrots in them – so no need to add additional if you use that
- Black Olives
- Pepperoncini Peppers
- Roma Tomatoes
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese – be sure to pick up one of these rotary graters for the easiest way to grate fresh Parm!
- Olive Garden Italian Dressing – this creamy Italian dressing is available in grocery stores but you can make a near identical version at home! Here’s what you need:
- Italian Dressing Mix package – full of Italian seasoning and a few extras – we’re going to jazz it up a bit!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White vinegar – you can sub with white wine vinegar if you’d like
- Coarse Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
How to make Olive Garden Salad & Italian Dressing
This copycat recipe is easy to make and will quickly become a family favorite. I always get the salad when I visit Olive Garden – because it’s so big, fresh and delicious. Now you can have all that at home!
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a mason jar. Add the lid and shake! Refrigerate until ready to serve. (You can also make this in a blender – like the Vitamix!)
- In large bowl, mix together chopped iceberg and romaine lettuce
- Add in tomatoes, olives, red onion and pepperoncinis and lightly toss
- Top with croutons and freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Serve with homemade Italian salad dressing
This recipe was made using the Vitamix A3500.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
For leftover salad – I recommend NOT dressing the whole thing! Just dress what salads individually if you think you might have leftovers. Then store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. The tomatoes may need to be removed as they’ll spoil the most quickly. The croutons will also soften quickly.
Store leftover dressing in a resealable container in the fridge. It’s easiest if it’s something you can shake or stir easily like these dressing containers or a mason jar.
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
More Olive Garden Recipes
- Famous Pasta Dishes
- Classic Pasta Sauces
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
Olive Garden House Salad
Olive Garden House Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced and rings separated
- 1/4 cup carrots shredded
- 4 oz extra large black olives
- 6 pepperoncini peppers
- 3-4 roma tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup croutons
- 2-3 tbsp Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a bowl and whisk thoroughly – refrigerate until serving (best to put in a container you can shake to mix)1 oz. Italian Dressing Mix package, 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/8 cup white vinegar, ¼ cup water, ½ teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 3 tsp mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- In large serving bowl, mix together iceberg and romaine lettuce1 head iceberg lettuce, 1 head romaine lettuce
- Add in tomatoes, olives, red onion and pepperoncinis1/2 medium red onion, 4 oz extra large black olives, 6 pepperoncini peppers, 3-4 roma tomatoes
- Top with croutons and freshly grated parmesan cheese2-3 tbsp Freshly grated parmesan cheese, 1 cup croutons
- Serve with dressing made earlier