This Blueberry Cheesecake Streusel is so delicious – it’s warm and comforting
with delicious bursts of blueberry in every bite! The best part is I made it
in just 20 minutes from fridge to table! A great easy breakfast or dessert any
time of year.
This post is sponsored and inspired by the new movie Irresistible,
featuring Steve Carrell that comes out this week! It’s a great political
comedy and early on Steve comes across an amazing streusel that he couldn’t
resist. It made me hungry so I had to make one for myself!
How do you make Blueberry Cheesecake Streusel?
You all know – I’m all about simple! So I started this out by using the crescent roll sheet dough – lay that out on parchment paper. Then top with an easy cream cheese mixture, add blueberries and a streusel topping! This came together in just five minutes and then baked for 15 minutes – so easy!
Before popping it in the oven, I added a little brown sugar and cinnamon just for more sweetness and you could definitely taste it! This is a perfect little breakfast or dessert idea.
What can you make with frozen blueberries?
Once this Blueberry Cheesecake Streusel comes out of the oven – your whole family will dig in! It’s so light and delicious! I mixed up quick glaze for the top as well – even added a little blueberry juice to it. So good!
Blueberry Cheesecake Streusel
- 1 (8 oz.) tube, crescent dough sheet (or puff pastry)
- 7 oz. cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine (firm)
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 teaspoon blueberry juice (if have from frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On parchment paper, roll out the crescent dough
- In a bowl, cream together the 6 oz. of cream cheese and 2 Tbsp. of sugar. Spread onto the dough
- Spread blueberries over cream cheese mixture
- Mix together streusel topping by cutting butter, flour, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon together with pastry cutter or a fork until it’s a crumbly texture
- Sprinkle streusel topping over blueberries
- Sprinkle remaining tbsp brown sugar over top
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- While bars are baking, mix together the glaze by creaming together the powdered sugar, softened cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add a teaspoon of blueberry juice for fun!
- When bars come out of the oven, drizzle with glaze. Slice and serve.