Chick-fil-A has the best chicken – it’s juicy and tender with a light breading that has a slight sweetness to it. This Copycat recipe for the Chick-fil-A Nuggets is right on track! These nuggets are crunchy and juicy but healthier because they’re made in the air fryer!
These are great for lunch or any quick night when you need dinner. You’ll need to marinate your chicken for at least 30 minutes – but I just popped it in the marinade the night before and they were ready for lunch!
Are Chick-fil-A Nuggets marinated in pickle juice?
Well – that’s what most folks think – but the main thing we can get from that idea is that they are soaked in a brine. Brining is treating food with brine or coarse salt. That seasons the food and makes it enhances tenderness and flavor. Pickle juice is definitely salty and full of vinegar so it works great as a brine. Plus – we all have a half-empty jar of pickles in our fridge!
What are Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets breaded with?
After you’ve brined your chicken in the pickle juice for at least 30 minutes, you’ll bread the chicken. It’s super easy, in one bowl, mix together egg and nonfat milk. In a breading tray mix together flour, powdered sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. That’s about it! Chick-fil-A nuggets also have MSG but I left that out as it’s not great for you.
After breading, pop them in the air fryer. Spray them with olive oil – you’re still using oil but it’s a lot less than when you deep fry them! Then air fry for 8 minutes – turning and spraying halfway through.
How to reheat Chick-fil-A Nuggets
If you bought a big ol’ box of Chick-fil-A nuggets or make a bunch and want to reheat them in the air fryer – it’s super easy! Just 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes – shaking halfway through.
Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Copycat Air Fryer Chick-fil-A Chicken Nuggets
- Add chicken chunks to pickle juice in a ziploc bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or overnight)
- Whisk milk and egg together in a bowl and set aside
- Combine the dry ingredients and set aside
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and drain
- Place the chicken in the flour – then egg mixture – then back into the flour mixture – making sure it's well coated. Shake off the excess flour.
- Lay in a single layer in your air fryer at least 1 inch apart and spray with olive oil
- Cook at 375 for 4 minutes
- Turn with tongs, spray again with olive oil and air fry 4 minutes more