How to make cheese enchiladas with queso?
These are really easy to make! I made up the Carlos O Kelly’s queso recipe the day before. It is by far THE BEST QUESO you’ll ever have! You’ll need half of it for this recipe.
Then you heat your tortillas – I have a couple of options in the recipe for how to heat them. Then add shredded cheese and onions to each tortilla and roll them tightly. Put them in a baking dish, cover with queso and cheese and bake! So delicious and so easy!
Can you freeze cheese enchiladas?
How long are cheese enchiladas good for?
Other Copycat Recipes from Carlos O’Kelly’s:
Copycat Carlos O’Kelly’s Cheese & Onion Enchiladas
- 8 six-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 recipe of Carlos O’Kelly’s Queso
How to cook Copycat Carlos O’Kelly’s Cheese & Onion Enchiladas
- Make Carlos O’Kelly’s Queso ahead of time
- Preheat oven to 450
- Mix together cheddar & jack cheese in a bowl
- Take corn tortillas and heat them
- either separate them and place in the air fryer at 350 for 2 minutes
- heat oil in a skillet and blanch the individually 30 seconds on each side
- Prepare a rectangular baking dish by spraying it with non-stick spray
- On a cutting board, lay tortilla out and top with 1/4 cup cheese mixture
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp onion on top of cheese
- Tightly roll tortillas around the cheese and onion
- Spread 1/2 cup queso on the bottom of the dish
- Place each roll seam side down in the baking dish
- Continue with remaining tortillas
- Smother enchiladas with queso
- Top with remaining shredded cheese – make sure all queso is covered or it’ll burn
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 5-8 min until cheese is melted