Summer means fresh corn and I’m giddy about it! One great way to use fresh corn is in a corn salsa – and I love the one at Chipotle so I decided to make it for myself – it’s spicy and sweet and perfect as a chip dip, on tacos or even on chicken or salmon!
I even roasted the vegetables on the grill to add a little extra flavor flav to the salsa! This is super simple to put together and tastes even better after the juices from the lemon and lime sit with the veggies overnight!
How to make Chipotle’s Corn Salsa at home
It’s so easy!!! Cut your fresh corn off the cob (you can also use canned or frozen corn but fresh is best!) I find the easiest way to do this is to set your cob in a pasta strainer – then as you’re cutting it – it doesn’t fly away like it does on a cutting board!
Then dice your veggies – red onion, jalapeno and poblano peppers. I grilled the night before so I popped them all onto the grill for that smoky roasted flavor – but you don’t have to. It also mellows the spiciness of the peppers. If you want more spice – keep them raw and keep the seeds in. I’m a spice wuss – so no seeds for me.
Add your diced veggies to the corn and stir. Then juice the limes and lemon over the veggies, add coarse sea salt, cilantro and stir again. Refrigerate for up to a week and enjoy!
Is Chipotle Corn Salsa spicy? Vegan?
It’s one of the milder salsas at Chipotle which is why it was one I frequently got. It’s got a little kick but is not very spicy.
Chipotle’s corn salsa is also vegan! The corn salsa has fresh corn, poblano & jalapeno peppers, red onion, cilantro, salt, lemon and lime juice – that’s it!
What to serve with Chipotle’s Corn Salsa?
It really is great with chips and tacos – but also would be great on chicken or seafood! Here are some items I would definitely top with this yummy salsa!
- Air Fryer Jerk Chicken – the corn salsa would definitely cool down all the jerk heat!
- Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Chicken – use corn salsa instead of pico de gallo
- Salmon & Avocado Salad – this would be delicious with this corn salsa
Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 poblano pepper roasted & peeled, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- If you prefer, roast your poblano pepper on a grill or grill pan until the outside is charred. Then you'll want it to cool and you'll peel the skin off the outside – it should come off easily. I also roasted the onion and jalapeno on the grill as well.
- Add all ingredients together in a small bowl and stir
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving
Leave a Reply