These Copycat Panera Pumpkin Muffins will have you ordering pumpkin spice lattes like a Basic B in 5 seconds flat! They’re a delicious balance of pumpkin spice and comforting muffin with an aroma that will fill your home!
I mixed these muffins up in five minutes – so it was definitely an easy recipe to make. Panera has these pumpkin muffins around seasonally but now you can have them any time (and for a lot cheaper!). You can pretty much make a dozen Texas sized muffins for the price of 1-2 at Panera!
What are the ingredients in Panera’s Pumpkin Muffins?
I researched their ingredients online and stuck to them as closely as possible. They use Palm Oil – where as I used Vegetable Oil and butter. They also use Enriched Wheat Flour which I couldn’t find – so I used all-purpose flour. I could have used whole wheat flour but felt it would alter the texture too much. Other than that – the muffins contain oil, sugar, honey, eggs, pumpkin, flour, salt, baking soda, baking power, cinnamon and ground ginger. I also added Pumpkin Pie Spice because on a taste – they had more spices and PPS is just an easy addition to boost it all up. The streusel topping added before you bake consists of butter, sugar, flour, cinnamon, honey and salt.
How to make Panera’s Pumpkin Muffins?
They’re super simple – preheat your oven and then mix your dry ingredients together and separately your wet ingredients and then combine them together and spoon into your pans. I made a variety of sizes – to share with you various baking times from mini donuts, regular sized muffins and Texas sized muffins.
Do you need to refrigerate Pumpkin muffins?
Nope! Just store them in an air-tight container so they don’t dry out. You can also add a paper towel on top and bottom so they don’t get soggy. It’s a balancing act – not too dry – not too soggy. I always pop them in the microwave for 10-30 seconds before eating. The streusel topping is great – you don’t even need butter! So good!
Other Panera Copycat Recipes
I love Panera and go frequently – so I’ve ended up making a lot of Panera Copycat Recipes – here are some of my favorites:
Copycat Panera Pumpkin Muffins
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix together the oil, sugar, honey, eggs and pumpkin in a bowl. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and pumpkin pie spice. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into muffin pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. This makes 12 Texas sized or 18 regular sized muffins
- In a small bowl, cut the butter into the flour and sugar with a fork. Mix until it resembles crumbs and the butter is in small pieces. Add honey, cinnamon and salt and mix again.
- Divide the streusel between the muffins, spoon it over the unbaked batter.
- Bake the muffins until the cupcakes have risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. – Texas sized – 25 minutes (oven)– Regular sized – 18 minutes (oven)– Air Fryer Regular Sized – 13 minutes– Mini donuts – 10 minutes (oven)
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the muffins are cool, use a handheld sifter, shake powdered sugar over top.