These Copycat Starbucks Kale & Mushroom Egg Bites are probably the healthiest breakfast I’ve had in forever! Filled with meaty portobella mushrooms, shredded cheese and healthy kale – you’ll love every bite! (And you don’t need a Sous Vide machine!)
What You Will ❤️ About Kale & Mushroom Egg Bites
- Delicious and creamy! That’s what I love about the ones from Starbucks – they’re so creamy! Guess what – these are too!
- Easy to make! Grab your blender because that will make meal prep even simpler!
- Healthy! I made a couple of tweaks to make this recipe a little healthier but – guess what? They taste exactly like the ones at Starbucks (or maybe a little better).
What’s in Starbucks Kale & Portabella Egg Bites?
Starbucks Kale & Portabella Mushroom egg bites are loaded with a variety of cheeses, kale, mushrooms and seasonings. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Kale – Kale is pretty important but you can use spinach
- Portobella mushroom – you can swap out with button mushrooms if you like
- Garlic minced
- Large Eggs – I used a mix of whole eggs and egg whites – this is the main protein in these egg bites – but you could add bacon or sausage if you wanted
- Light Mini Babybel Cheese – Starbucks uses Monterey Jack cheese and Swiss cheese but I swapped these for a little calorie savings (and no lack in flavor!) You could also use feta cheese for a nice salty bite!
- Fat free cottage cheese
- Hot sauce – don’t skip this!
- Sea salt & Black Pepper
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
How to make Starbucks Kale & Mushroom Egg Bites
Well – they’re easy enough to make – but – because we’re skipping the sous vide method – you have a couple more steps than “regular” baked egg bites:
- Preheat your oven and place a baking dish with 2 inches of water on a lower rack. This water bath will create a nice steamy oven!
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté your mushrooms in water – yes water! No oil = healthier!
- Add the garlic & kale – stir and turn off the heat! The kale will wilt quickly but not cook through. The color is so bright!
- In a blender, add the eggs, cottage cheese, cheese, hot sauce, parsley, salt & pepper. Blend on high for 30 seconds until light & frothy!
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray – I used the LARGE muffin tin size for these so they’re a little bigger!
- Pour in the egg mixture across the 6 muffin spots.
- Add in spoonfuls of mushroom & kale.
- Bake at 300º for 30 minutes until the centers of the bites are set.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Carefully remove with a rubber spatula and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Can Starbucks Egg Bites be frozen?
You can store them in the fridge for 3-4 days – or in the freezer for a couple of months. When you reheat, I would recommend steaming them in the microwave (I love this steamer!). This will keep the eggs from getting rubbery.
Do Starbucks Egg Bites have dairy?
Yes – lots! There’s cottage cheese, regular cheese and eggs!
How do you store and reheat leftovers?
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can freeze up to three months. When you reheat, I would recommend steaming them in the microwave for 1 minute (I love this steamer!). This will keep the eggs from getting rubbery.
Starbucks Kale & Mushroom Egg Bites
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 portabella mushroom diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3 Light Mini Babybel Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- non-stick spray
- Recipe makes 6 egg bites, you can easily double or triple the recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and place a baking dish that is filled with 1-2" water on the bottom rack. This will create a humid environment and help the eggs cook evenly
- On stove, heat skillet on medium high. Add 1/4 cup water and mushrooms. Cook mushrooms and garlic for 3 minutes or until “sautéed”. Add kale and turn off heat. Stir until kale is wilted (1-2 min). Set aside.1/4 cup water, 1 portabella mushroom, 1 tsp garlic, 2 cups kale
- Add the eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, hot sauce, parsley, salt and pepper to a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until light and frothy.3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 3 Light Mini Babybel Cheese, 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese, 1 tsp hot sauce, 1 tsp parsley, 1/4 tsp sea salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
- Spray a muffin tin with a little non-stick spray and fill the tins with the egg mixture. add in spoonfuls of the kale and mushrooms split between the tins. I used a “texas sized” muffin pan and they were approx half fullnon-stick spray
- bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the center of the egg bites are just set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then use a spatula, carefully remove them from the muffin tin. Enjoy!