Air Fryer Avocado “Baked” Eggs are my new FAVORITE way to eat eggs! I literally ate them three times last week! It’s the perfect start to your morning and the creamy avocados are even better when you air fry them! Who knew?!
Avocados aren’t the first fruit I would think of to put in the air fryer – but they’re shockingly delicious. They get even creamier and that hole from the seed makes a perfect spot for an egg!
What’s in Avocado Baked Eggs?
Well – I have to say – its’ pretty simple. Avocados. Eggs. I do also add a touch of Sazon Tropical – I came across this seasoning a couple years ago and love it ! I use it on eggs all the time – and it’s super yum on fish too.
How do you make avocado eggs in the air fryer?
This is a super easy breakfast that is ready in minutes! Here’s what you do:
- Cut your avocado in half and remove the pit
- Take a small spoon and scoop out a bit more of the avocado to make the hole a bit larger so it will fit more of the egg
- Keep the extra avocado and add it to the top of your egg when it’s done!
- If you’re not a fan of cleanup – place a small sheet of aluminum foil or parchment under your air fryer grate – you’re going to have a little spillage
- Set your avocado halves in the air fryer – make sure they’re in a good level spot
- Crack each egg and break into the avocado halves. There will be some egg white spill out a little.
- Sprinkle top with salt & pepper or my favorite Tropical Sazon
- Air fry for 5-6 minutes (for a runny egg) – add 2-3 minutes if you don’t like a runny yolk.
- Serve with scooped out avocado and a little salsa!
Tips, Tricks and FAQs
No – I find it’s easier to eat to use the peel as a bowl of sorts.
Just lightly use a spoon to cut a bit bigger of a hole.
Well – fork into them! The top of the egg looks a little more done – but inside – runny!
I wouldn’t – these are really great fresh. The eggs get a little rubbery on reheat.
That’s fine – you’ll lose a little of the egg white. That’s why I recommend putting something under the grate to catch it to make cleanup easier.
Other ways to make eggs in an air fryer
Other Air Fryer Breakfast Ideas
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Air Fryer Avocado “Baked” Eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Tropical Sazon
- If needed, preheat air fryer to 350
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed1 avocado
- Scoop out a bit extra of the avocado and set aside
- Set avocado halves in air fryer
- Crack 1 egg into each avocado half2 eggs
- Sprinkle with Sazon1/2 tsp Tropical Sazon
- Air Fry at 350 for 5-6 minutes (for runny egg, 6-7 for hard yolk)