How to cook fresh green beans
These Italian green beans with tomatoes and garlic were so tasty the first night but also great as leftovers. I had some leftover Spanish Rice and then those Air Fryer Chicken Legs you see peeking in there. 🙂 So good! The combo was my lunch all week!
After you saute all the veggies together – I just grated a little Romano on top and served them. I really like the Fire Roasted tomatoes for recipes like this where you really taste the tomatoes. It just adds an extra layer of flavor.
If you’re looking for other easy side dishes to make – I’ve got you covered!
– Air Fryer Broccoli – it’s so easy and delicious!
– Copycat Mary Mac’s Macaroni & Cheese – a classic dish and so cheesy!
– Copycat Honey Baked Ham Cinnamon Apples – these are so good and great as a side dish or a dessert.
Italian Green Beans
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- steam green beans in microwave about 3 minutes (put in a bowl – add 1/4 cup water, cover with press & seal)1 lb fresh green beans
- drain and rinse with cold water
- melt butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp olive oil
- add shallots & garlic and saute until tender, about 2 min1 shallot, 2 tsp minced garlic
- add tomatoes, basil and oregano and cook about 3 minutes1 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp dried oregano
- add the green beans and cook until the juices have almost evaporated and the beans are almost tender, stirring often, about 7 minutes
- add the wine and simmer about 2 minutes1/4 cup white wine
- add salt and pepper and grate on a little fresh parmesan cheese1/2 tsp coarse sea salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
Leave a Reply