Making these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup will have your whole family asking for this side dish every week! Crispy Brussels sprouts tossed in maple syrup and garlic – oh and there’s bacon!!!
What You Will ❤️ About Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup
- Quick! These will air fry in under 15 minutes! Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside!
- Bacon! We all know that bacon makes everything taste better and when paired with Brussels sprouts and maple syrup – the flavor profile is a sure winner!
- Easy! I prepped this delicious side dish in just 5 minutes – slice and toss!
This recipe was made using the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
I love the simple ingredients for this recipe – you can go with just the seasonings to toss the sprouts in – or go the extra mile with the delicious chili maple sauce! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Brussels Sprouts – I had a pound of small – medium sprouts – if you have larger ones, you’ll cut them in quarters
- Olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Garlic salt
- Maple syrup – b
- Bacon slices
- For the chili maple sauce:
- Maple syrup
- Chile powder
How do you make Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
Brussels sprouts are super simple to make – trim – toss – air fry!
- PREP: Trim the bottom end off of Brussel sprouts and slice them in half. For extra large ones, quarter them. Be sure to keep all the outer leaves! They get really crispy!
- SEASON: In a large mixing bowl, add sprouts and bacon. Pour in olive oil, salt, garlic powder and maple syrup. Toss to coat.
- AIR FRY: Add the sprouts and bacon in the air fryer basket and spread them out to an even single layer. Air fry at 380º for 7 minutes. Open air fryer and stir Brussels sprouts and bacon. Air fry for an additional 6 minutes
- SAUCE: In a separate small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and chile powder.
- SERVE: Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl and toss with the chipotle maple sauce.
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
You can go as simple as olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt & black pepper or use a variations of a balsamic glaze!
Yes – just remove the bacon and you’ll be vegan. It’s good even without
If you’re cutting the Brussels sprouts in half – they take less time – only about 15 minutes!
Yes – if you’re wanting to do a larger batch for Thanksgiving or Christmas, double (or triple) the recipe and spread the sprouts out on a cookie sheet and bake at 400º for 35-45 minutes. Oven roasting does have a much longer cook time than the air fryer – but you can do a larger amount.
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass storage ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat in the air fryer at 380º for 4 minutes.
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
What can you serve with Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts?
- Traeger Smoked Flank Steak
- Applebee’s Shrimp & Sirloin
- Cheesecake Factory Chicken Costoletta
- Reverse Seared Steak
More Air Fryer Recipes for Vegetables
You can find more ideas in my Air Fryer Recipes section or in my Air Fryer Facebook group!
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts halved
- 5 slices bacon diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
Chili Maple Sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- Trim the bottom end off of Brussel sprouts and slice them in half. For extra large ones, quarter them. Be sure to keep all the outer leaves! They get really crispy!1 lb Brussels sprouts
- In a large mixing bowl, add sprouts and bacon. Pour in olive oil, salt, garlic powder and maple syrup. Toss to coat.5 slices bacon, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt, 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Add the sprouts and bacon in the air fryer basket and spread them out to an even single layer. Air fry at 380º for 7 minutes. Open air fryer and stir Brussels sprouts and bacon. Air fry for an additional 6 minutes
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and chili powder.2 tbsp maple syrup, 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to a serving bowl and toss with the chipotle maple sauce.
Leave a Reply