Pulled pork pizza is one of my favorites to make and it’s so easy! Pulled pork, barbecue sauce, cheese and red onions – you’ll love it! You can also make it in the air fryer!
How to make BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza?
There’s a lot of restaurants with Pulled Pork Pizza – I ordered one from Door Dash here in Cinci last Friday – but Dominos, Pizza Hut and Little Caesars all have their own take on it.
I went simple and tried and true. First – because it’s just me – I’m not making crust – I always use either pita or naan bread as my crust. It’s simple, easy and is perfect for one!
Then top the “crust” with your favorite barbecue sauce – I actually used two sauces for this pizza! I went with a thick hickory smoked sauce for the crust. Then I topped it with shredded mozzarella and red onion slices.
Finally – I had leftover Curly’s pulled pork – sauceless – in my freezer – so I thawed that out and then added my favorite Williamson Brothers sauce to it and put it on top!
In the oven or air fryer – and you’re ready for dinner! I served with a side salad and mixed a little bbq sauce in with my ranch for fun.
This recipe is great to use with leftover pulled pork – it’s nice to have something to do with the leftovers besides sandwiches. And the pita is perfect to use as a crust – it gets crispy on the edges! I ate almost every bite (the dog’s drooling at my feet guilted me into a couple of bites).
If you’re looking for other ways to use pulled pork – I’ve got you covered! It’s so versatile! If you’ve got a pork roast in your freezer – cook it up and enjoy!
– Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders
– Cheesy Pulled Pork Dip
– Pulled Pork Empanadas
– Pulled Pork Totchos
– Pulled Pork Pasta Salad
You can also make this air fryer pizza! I have a fairly small air fryer so I used smaller pita breads and put one in the air fryer to check time and temp. Air fryer pizza takes only 5 minutes to heat!
I’m always coming up with ways to use my air fryer and you can keep posted on those fun and easy recipes by joining my Air Fryer Recipe Facebook Group!
Pulled Pork Pizza
- 1 pizza crust you can use naan, pre-made crusts, pitas or tortillas
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 oz pulled pork I like Curly's un-sauced
- 1/2 cup Williamson Bros. BBQ sauce or your favorite sauce
- 2 slices red onion
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Spread 1/4 cup of bbq sauce on crust.1 pizza crust, 1/2 cup Williamson Bros. BBQ sauce
- Mix pork in remaining sauce. Add most of cheese onto crust. Add pork; top with a little extra cheese and red onions.3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 8 oz pulled pork, 1/2 cup Williamson Bros. BBQ sauce, 2 slices red onion
- Heat in oven for 10 minutes until cheese melts and starts to brown.
- Air fryer instructions: Air Fry at 400 for 5 minutes