Ever wonder what to do with pulled pork leftovers? There’s only so many sandwiches you can eat! I’ve got 31 leftover pulled pork recipes from tacos and casseroles to soups and chilis – and even breakfasts that your whole family will love!
What You Will ❤️ About Pulled Pork Leftovers
- Versatility – as you’ll see there are so many things you can do with leftover pulled pork! Tacos, casserole, stew, omelettes and MORE!
- Easy – you’ve already got the leftover pulled pork – so 90% of the work is done! It’s the reason when you make it to make a bunch because it freezes so well!
- TIP: Freeze the pork UNSAUCED – this gives you more options for using the leftovers!
- Comfort Food – Pulled pork in these forms is such a comfort food – the Brunswick Stew, the Hashbrown Casserole and more!
How to Make Pulled Pork
And if you’re looking for a good recipe for making pulled pork for yourself – I can help you there too!
- How to make Pulled Pork on a Traeger Smoker – this brings out the smoky flavors from the pellets and makes the BEST – most tender – pulled pork!!!! You can use pork butt or pork shoulder for this recipe.
- Pulled Pork Rub – looking for a seasoning rub to make for your own pulled pork – here’s a great one!
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork – don’t have a smoker? Make your pulled pork in an Instant Pot!
- Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork – no Instant Pot? Use your slow cooker for this classic recipe! Only 4 ingredients!!!
How long is pulled pork good for?
Pulled pork leftovers should be placed in air-tight containers and refrigerated for up to a week in the fridge. You can freeze them for up to three months. I like to have my leftover pulled pork WITHOUT sauce so I can sauce based on the recipe I’m making!
How to Freeze Leftover Pulled Pork
You can easily freeze the leftovers too! Double bag the leftover pulled pork in a storage bag, then a freezer bag. Put 2 cups in small pint or quart-sized storage bags and then place 3-4 of those into a larger gallon sized freezer bag. This allows you to pull out a small portion for 1-2 or a a couple of them for larger meals!
Pulled Pork Leftovers Recipes
What do you do with the leftover pulled pork? You can use pulled pork in casseroles, soups, enchiladas, tacos, pizza, appetizers and more! (p.s. you can use pulled chicken in any of these recipes too!) Here are some of my favorites!
Pulled Pork Casseroles & Pastas
- Pulled Pork Hashbrown Casserole – this dish is my own recipe and is loaded with corn, peppers, onions, cheese and more!
- Pulled Pork King Ranch Casserole – this Tex-Mex casserole is easy and delicious and has those delicious Rotel tomatoes!
- Pulled Pork Pasta Salad – I had a version of this at Noodles & Company and came right home and made my own!
- Pulled Pork Corn Bread Casserole – cornbread as a casserole base is so yummy!
- Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese – Oven baked macaroni and cheese with pulled pork layered in!
- Instant Pot BBQ Spaghetti – a fun twist to spaghetti night – load it up with pulled pork and BBQ sauce.
Leftover Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Pulled Pork Mac & Cheese Slider – If you haven’t had pulled pork and mac & cheese together – you don’t know what you’re missing! These sliders are meaty, cheesy and a really fun sandwich for a crowd!
- Pulled Pork Empanadas – These are so easy to make – and you can customize them too. This is 3 recipes in one post – combine your pulled pork with coleslaw, apple or gouda for delicious little hand pies!
- Pulled Pork Cubano Sliders – mini cuban sandwiches – with pulled pork, ham, cheese and pickles – so good!
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sliders – these are so easy – tons of cheese, sauce pork and pineapple for a sweet zing!
- Pulled Pork Biscuit Bombs – Biscuit bombs are fun to make – you wrap the biscuit around the pulled pork and bake!
- Barbecue Pork Steam Buns – have you ever had a bao bun? They’re light and delicious – they’re steamed and the dough is so fluffy!
Pulled Pork Appetizers
- Pulled Pork Pastry Puffs – This recipe has gone crazy on Pinterest – it’s a perfect snack-size party appetizer! Pork, bbq sauce and cheese – done in 15 minutes!
- Hot & Cheesy Pulled Pork Dip – this cheesy dip has cream cheese and cheddar cheese and is made in a cast iron skillet!
- Leftover Pulled Pork Totchos – these are like pork nachos BUT WITH TATER TOTS instead of tortilla chips!
- Pulled Pork Cornbread Muffins – stuff your regular cornbread muffins with pulled pork before you baked them!
Leftover Pulled Pork Soup & Stew Recipes
- Leftover Pulled Pork Chili – This chili is chunky, full of veggies and great when you top it with chips & cheese! You’ll love it!
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Chili – pulled pork is a great addition to chili
- Pulled Pork Brunswick Stew – this one is my ABSOLUTE favorite! I make it all the time!
- Pulled Pork Taco Soup – full of black beans, pinto beans, corn, tomatoes and easy seasonings! Sprinkle with chopped cilantro for freshness!
- Pulled Pork Vegetable Soup – I can’t just eat vegetable soup – so grabbing a bag of pulled pork and adding it is so easy to do!
- Instant Pot Southwestern Pork Stew
Breakfast Recipes with Leftover Pulled Pork
- Pulled Pork Omelette – fluffy egg omelette stuffed with pulled pork, barbecue sauce, peppers and onions – then topped with jalapenos and sour cream!
- Spicy Shredded Pork Breakfast Tostadas – breakfast tacos are my favorite!
Other Pulled Pork Recipes
- Leftover Pulled Pork Tacos – my newest favorite!!!! – grab those tortillas and make tacos – this recipe include a homemade coleslaw as well – it’s cool, crunchy and juicy!
- Sweet Pulled Pork Enchiladas
- Pulled Pork BBQ Tacos
- Pork Burrito Bowl – swap out the ground pork for leftover pulled pork in this recipe – loaded with rice, salsa, avocados and all your favorite toppings!
- Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Pulled Pork Pizza – a favorite of mine – sauced pulled pork, red onions and mozzarella cheese! You can use pizza dough or just naan or flatbreads!
- Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps – these crunchy little guys are a favorite for me!
I hope you enjoy this list of Pulled Pork Recipes as much as I do!