Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad is my favorite restaurant side dish! It’s crunchy, creamy, cheesy and bacon-y! How can you ask for anything better? This make-at-home recipe makes enough for the whole family and is the perfect dish for a potluck!
What You Will ❤️ About Chicken Salad Chick’s Broccoli Salad
- Quick! You can make this salad in just 10 minutes!
- Delicious! The creamy dressing isn’t too heavy and the cheese and bacon are great additions to crunchy, healthy broccoli!
- Family Favorite! Broccoli salad is something everybody loves – so it’s a great side for any dinner or potluck.
- Bacon – delicious scrumptious bacon!
- I like to slice the bacon first and then fry. Be sure to not cook too crispy as it will harden a little after you drain it.
- Broccoli – you’ll need 6-7 cups of fresh broccoli – which is 2 bunches of broccoli or 2 of those 12 oz packages of florets
- I recommend using a paring knife and cutting your florets into small pieces. It’s much easier to eat and gets all the dressing on the pieces.
- Cheese – sharp cheddar cheese & mozzarella cheese
- Grate your cheese!!! Fresh grated cheese is so much better than the pre-shredded kind. That stuff has a coating on it for preservatives and doesn’t taste as much like cheese!
- Dressing – mayonnaise, white sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper
- Don’t have apple cider vinegar? You can sub out balsamic vinegar.
How to make Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipe
This is the simplest side dish you can make! Cook the bacon and stir it all together!
- Cook bacon. Cool and drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Place broccoli in a large mixing bowl. Pour dressing mixture over broccoli and stir to coat.
- Add cheese and crumbled bacon. Stir broccoli mixture to coat and mix.
- Pop in the fridge for at least a few minutes or overnight.
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
Yes! It’s great if you make it the day before serving so the dressing can really mix together and soak in to the broccoli.
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Nope. The raw broccoli won’t freeze well and the dressing will separate.
Yes – it should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours because it contains mayonnaise.
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
- Crunch – you can add a little crunch to the recipe by adding sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts or pine nuts
- Veggies – other veggies like diced red onion, celery or bell pepper would be great additions
- Dried Fruit – Dried craisins, cherries or raisins would also add a touch of sweetness
- No Mayo – Want to make your Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli salad recipe healthy? Swap out mayo for Greek yogurt!
- Chicken Broccoli Salad – Add cooked chicken breasts to make it a meal in one!
Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad
- Cook bacon. Cool and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the sugar, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, salt & pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the broccoli then stir well.
- Add cheese and bacon bits. Refrigerate for a few minutes before serving.