I want to say that the kids will love these Copycat IHOP Oreo Pancakes – and they will – but who am I kidding – YOU WILL TOO! I thought they might be too sweet but they were delicious!!!! A side of bacon for the salty to go with the sweet would be perfection!
These were so simple – I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of it myself – you just mix up your batter and break up some Oreos and pop them in the pancakes as soon as you put the batter on the griddle. Now let me tell you a behind-the-scenes secret – the first batch of pancakes – I forgot to put in the Oreos!! BHAHAHAHAHA – luckily I just whipped up another batch of batter. Duh! The dogs got a few pancakes and were happy!
I tend to be a syrup purist and not like anything else on a pancake – but I went for the authenticity and these IHOP Oreo Pancakes required a quick powdered sugar glaze (powdered sugar, milk & vanilla) – it was so simple and really added a lot to the pancakes – I didn’t even miss my maple syrup! (Do you know how hard it is to pour with one hand and take a picture with the other?!)
Then you top with whipped cream and sprinkles and MORE OREOS! Now I didn’t have the whipped cream in a can – so I just spooned some Cool Whip into a ziploc bag, cut the corner off and piped it on top! Semi-homemade fancy on top of these Oreo Pancakes! I grabbed the sprinkles out of the cupboard and sprinkled away!
Copycat IHOP Oreo Pancakes
- 1 cup Buttermilk pancake mix (adjust to package directions)
- 2/3 cup water (adjust to package directions)
- 10 Oreo cookies – delicately broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whipped cream
- Mix pancake mix and water
- Heat up griddle and spray with non-stick spray
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla – whisk and set aside
- Pour 1/4 cup pancake batter on hot griddle (twice for two pancakes)
- Add a handful of broken Oreo pieces into the batter circles
- Let cook until brown on one side (1-2 minutes)
- Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more
- Remove pancakes from the griddle and repeat with the rest of the batter
- Stack pancakes and top with powdered sugar glaze, whipped cream and sprinkles!