Making stuffing has never been easier! This Slow Cooker Stuffing will be the star of your Holiday dinner! Plus – your house will smell amazing!
I actually didn’t love stuffing when I was a kid – but ever since I’ve made this version – I love it! I always volunteer this dish for any holiday potluck as I know it will be the first thing to go!
How do you make stuffing in a slow cooker?
It’s very simple – the same way you make it for the oven. Chop your bread, saute your veggies and spices and then mix together with eggs and chicken broth. Instead of the oven, put in your slow cooker for 45 minutes on high and then low for 3-4 hours.
Can you make crock pot stuffing ahead of time?
What to serve with slow cooker stuffing?
- Grilled Turkey Tenderloin (perfect for smaller dinners)
- Apple & Sage Turkey Breast
- Copycat Mary Mac’s Creamed Corn
Slow Cooker Stuffing
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups onion diced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 8-12 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 loaf bread diced
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs beaten
- Add spices to skillet and mix in well.
- In large bowl, mix together bread cubes and vegetables – stir well.
- Beat two eggs and add to the bread mixture. Stir.
- Add chicken broth to the mixture slowly – only add enough to make it “gloppy” – not soupy. Add sparingly – you can always add more while it’s cooking.
- Transfer to slow cooker and cover. Be sure to spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. If using a liner – spray that too!
- Cook on high for 45 minutes, then reduce to low for 4-8 hours. Check every couple of hours and add more broth if needed.