My parents split up when I was young and I stayed with my Dad. Unfortunately I don't remember much about the time when my mom was around as a kid. But there is one thing I remember - Mom making stuffed manicotti.
It's a labor of love for sure! I remember asking for this every birthday - and she would sigh and say, "Well - it's a lot of work." And then I would turn on the charm:
I mean - could you say no to that little Hussy?!
So anytime my little hussy self would ask - she would make it for me. There was no recipe really - it was just in her head and it was a great memory of my mom - so today - I'm sharing it with you!
Mix together ricotta, sausage, mozzarella, oregano and parsley. Stir until combined but don't over stir.
Then you top them with Ragu Sauce and more mozzarella!
Dinner tonight totally reminded me of the years where my parents were together and we lived on Elm Street in our tiny apartment with our stray cat Scrag (yes - that was my little buddy's name). So thanks Mom and Ragu Homestyle for the memories - I hope you'll enjoy them too.
And be sure to learn more about RAGÚ® Homestyle Sauces and discover more recipes for the family here.
1 package manicotti noodles
1 jar Ragu Homestyle sauce with mushrooms
16 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 pound Italian sausage
16 oz shredded Mozzarella
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 375
- Boil manicotti noodles for 8 minutes
- While noodles are boiling, brown sausage and drain
- Once noodles are cooked, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, 1/2 mozzarella, sausage, oregano & parsley
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray and pour 1/2 cup Ragu sauce on the bottom of your dish
- Stuff manicotti noodles with ricotta mixture and line in baking dish
- Top with remaining Ragu sauce & mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 25 minutes and broil for 2 minutes