Air Fryer Garlic Bread is so easy and delicious!! I promise you will never ever buy the premade kind again! It’s crazy simple and cheap – and it’s ready in less than 5 minutes. How can you improve on that taste? Plus ++ I have a SECRET ingredient – you’ll love it!
This is my favorite side dish for the whole week – I’m single and I buy a loaf of Italian Bread on the weekend – then I can have fresh garlic bread every night! Plus – if I want jazz it up with CHEESE – I can – but I can also just stick to the simple garlic magic too.Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for Air Fryer Garlic Bread
With Garlic Bread – it’s all about the herbs and flavorings! I’ve got a few that make this recipe perfect!
- Loaf of Italian Bread – you can also use a french baguette but Garlic bread is Italian so I stick with that. It’s a more oval-ish shaped loaf – about 3-4″ wide
- Butter – one stick and make sure to leave it out for a couple of hours so it’s nice and soft – don’t microwave it!!! I always use salted butter – but if you use unsalted butter – you’ll want to add a teaspoon of coarse sea salt.
- Fresh Garlic – I use the jarred garlic for a lot of recipes but not this – get fresh garlic and use a garlic press
- Italian seasoning – I just used a pre-made Italian seasoning that is a mix of basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram. If you don’t have Italian seasoning – just grab a couple of those spices and throw them together – the oregano is key!
- Ranch seasoning!!!! – Yes – that’s my secret ingredient! I’ve been throwing it in everything lately and loving it.
- OPTIONAL: Feel free to grate a little parmesan cheese or shredded mozzarella over the top as well!
How to make Air Fryer Garlic Bread recipe
It’s so easy to make – you can get it ready while you’re water is boiling so it’s ready for any pasta night!
- Leave the butter out early so it’s soft
- When your dinner is getting ready – slice the bread lengthwise and open in half
- Depending on the size of your air fryer – slice the halves so they’ll fit into the air fryer. You might have to batch it if you’re making the whole loaf
- In a small bowl, mix your softened, room temperature butter, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and ranch seasoning
- Schmear the butter mixture over the bread slices
- If you want to add cheese – press the shredded cheese on top of the butter mixture so it “sticks” before you place in air fryer
- Place bread in air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry at 350 for 4-5 minutes
- Serve with a side of pizza or marinara sauce and a sprinkle of parsley
The recipe makes enough butter to do the whole loaf – so if you’re not making the whole loaf (like me) – then just put the butter mix into a little bowl with a lid and refrigerate. Then use it up all week!
Tips & Tricks
Nope. If you’ve got an oven-style – you can do make the bread on both shelves. If you have the basket-style – then lay one layer in the basket and just do another batch. It cooks so quickly – it’ll stay hot!
Either Italian or French bread – I prefer Italian.
Of course! I like to do a combination of mozzarella and romano – freshly grated. If I’m adding cheese, I’ll start the bread and air fry it for 2-3 min and then add the cheese and air fry for 2-3 more minutes so the cheese doesn’t get too brown.
Heck no! I never have.
Sure! I would apply the garlic butter and freeze before you air fry. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then put in a freezer bag or an airtight container and freeze up to 3 months.
Please for the love of God just take it out and set it on the counter. Do not microwave it!!!! It changes the composition of the butter and melts it. Patience is a virtue. hahah
Air fry for 2-3 minutes at 300 – you want to keep the temp low so you’re not toasting the bread too much.
My rule of thumb is always same temp and half the time for frozen foods. I know the Garlic Toast or Texas Toast slices are done in 4 minutes in my air fryer!
What to serve with Air Fryer Garlic Bread
This garlic bread is a perfect side dish for soup, spaghetti & meatballs or any pasta dish!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Leave stick of butter out for at least 1-2 hours before making1 stick butter
- When ready for dinner – place softened butter, garlic, ranch and Italian seasonings in a bowl.1 stick butter, 1 tbsp ranch seasoning mix, 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, 5 cloves garlic
- Mix together with a spatula
- Slice Italian bread in half lengthwise and then each half into four pieces – or whatever will fit in your air fryer!1 loaf Italian bread
- Schmear a thick coating of the garlic butter on each piece of your bread.
- Place pieces of bread in air fryer. You might need to cook yours in batches – or just make enough for your dinner and freeze the rest.
- Air fry at 350 for 4-5 minutes
- If you want to add cheese – air fry for 2-3 minutes – open and add cheese and air fry 2-3 minutes more.
- This recipe makes enough butter to do both halves of the loaf when sliced lengthwise.