It’s a new year and that means HEALTHY food starts today! These Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers are also made for Weight Watchers! You won’t believe that 1 1/2 peppers are only 1-2 points (depending on your plan) and for those not on WW – I’ll tell you – they are delicious AND HEALTHY!
I had a friend over for a work day and made them for lunch – she couldn’t believe how filling it was for being so good for you as well. There is some ground turkey in them but also lots of vegetables and even a little bit of cheese.
Tell me about Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers has been around forever! I lost 80 pounds on it about ten years ago – unfortunately I gained a lot back after some pretty difficult personal issues. But 2021 is my year baby! I joined Weight Watchers this week and am ready to go! They have different plans based on how you eat and what works for you. You can switch between them too – which is nice. I’m starting on the Green plan – which gives you the most “points” but the least amount of “zero point” foods.
I’m going to be putting the points for every recipe right up front so you know when you come in what you’re getting depending on your plan. I would love to know who else is on WW – or if you want to get healthy too – join me – you get three months free – and we can keep each other accountable!
How to make Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
These Weight Watchers stuffed peppers are filled with ground turkey and lots of veggies! They’re also super easy to make – so let’s do it!
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high and add ground turkey, zucchini, mushrooms and water. Yes – water!!! Just a little bit of water will keep the turkey from sticking and is a great alternative instead of adding oil.
- Pop the cauliflower rice into the microwave and steam it while you brown the turkey and veggies for five minutes until veggies are soft and turkey cooked through.
- Add rice, Worcestershire sauce and crushed tomatoes to turkey mixture and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- While that is simmering, prep the peppers by cutting off the top and clean the insides out.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the peppers and we’re ready to cook!
How long to cook Stuffed Peppers
AIR FRYER: Place the peppers into the air fryer and air fry at 350 for 10 minutes. Top with cheese and air fry five minutes more.
OVEN: Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover, top with cheese and bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
Can you freeze stuffed peppers?
Yes! You want to freeze them BEFORE you bake them if you can. The soft peppers won’t reheat well if you do it after you bake.
What to serve with Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
We actually had a hard time coming up with ideas of what to eat with them! They’re sort of an all-in-one meal with rice, meat and veggies!
- Watermelon & Feta salad (like a side and a dessert all at once)
- Garlic Cheese Bread (if you’ve saved points during the day – you could splurge on a piece of this!)
- Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple
21 Weight Watchers Air Fryer Recipes!
16+ Must Have Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Air Fryer Weight Watchers Stuffed Peppers
- 6 bell peppers red, yellow and orange
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast LEAN
- 1 small zucchini small dice
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes no salt added
- 1 cup mushrooms small dice
- 1.5 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Babybel Mini Light Cheese Rounds grated
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium high
- Add water, ground turkey, zucchini and mushrooms
- Brown for five minutes and add salt
- While turkey is browning, heat cauliflower rice in microwave according to package directions
- To the turkey, add Worcestershire, rice and tomatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes
- While turkey mixture is cooking, prep peppers by slicing off tops and clean the insides (save the pepper tops to use in other recipes)
- Spoon turkey mixture into peppers
- Air Fryer Instructions: AF at 350 for 10 minutes. Open AF and add shredded cheese. Air Fry 5 minutes more until cheese melts and browns
- Oven Instructions: Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and add shredded cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes (uncovered)
- When cooking ground turkey – you can add a little water to the pan instead of oil. I learned this from a low-cal cooking show that used zero fat ever – it really works!
- I used one package of cauliflower rice and cooked according to package directions
- If you’d like even lower points – you can leave the cheese off all together – but it’s a nice to have
Leave a Reply