What goes with Stuffed Peppers? It’s one of those dishes that sort of has everything – but it also looks a little bare on the plate by itself! So what are some ideas to serve with it? I’ve got 25+ side dish recipes that are a perfect fit for Stuffed Peppers including salads, carbs and veggies!
Stuffed bell peppers are great because they can be filled and customized to just what you like! My dad made stuffing out of rice, sausage, tomatoes and sauce – but I’ve also had taco stuffed peppers (made with ground beef), vegetarian and more! It’s all about the flavors that you like and what’s in your refrigerator!
These stuffed peppers are my Weight Watchers-friendly recipe and use ground turkey and LOTS of veggies like zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes and cauliflower rice. Then, I top them just a little cheese for the melting. I made them in the air fryer but you could use the oven too (just cook them a bit longer).
Here are some other fun stuffed pepper ideas:
- Air Fryer Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers – sausage + cream cheese filling
- Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers – beef + rice filling
- Chicken Poblano Stuffed Peppers – shredded chicken + rice filling
- Air Fryer Stuffed Tomatoes – heck – stuff a tomato instead of a pepper!
OK – now that I’ve shared my favorite stuffed pepper recipes – let’s dive into what to serve with these meaty delights!
While the peppers are veggies – an additional veggie is a great side to go with stuffed peppers. I’m sure you’ll find something you love!
- Italian Green Beans – Green beans with tomatoes and garlic are a perfect side dish for any meal and they’re really easy to make!
- Air Fryer Cauliflower – Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower is so simple and delicious! Two ingredients and it’s done in 15 minutes. I had roasted cauliflower as a topping at a salad bar and thought – I bet I can make this myself – and it was even tastier!
- Air Fryer Cheesy Tomatoes – Jazz up plain tomatoes in your air fryer just by adding a little cheese and fresh basil! It brings out the best in the tomatoes and is ready in minutes!
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries – Roasted carrots are great – but they take time – UNLESS you’re making them in your air fryer! These air fryer carrot fries are a tasty and quick side dish for any meal! They’re actually similar to sweet potato fries since carrots have a bit of sweetness – but even healthier – and keto-friendly.
- These air fryer breaded mushrooms will hit the SPOT for you any night! They’re crispy and delicious. A fun crunchy side that would be a great pairing with the peppers.
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Fries – Air Fryer Jalapeno Fries are going to be your families new favorite!!! These are my new favorite! I ate 3 peppers in one sitting!!! (And they’re NOT spicy!)
Rice & Potatoes
- This Cheesy Mexican Rice Recipe is not only simple – but it goes with anything! It’s cheesy and a little zippy – you could even use it as a filling if you like!
- Grilled Herb Roasted Potatoes – Your grill is also great for roasting potatoes! A little olive oil, fresh herbs and baby potatoes make for a great easy side dish anytime!
- Copycat Taco Johns Potato Oles – Skip boring french fries and go for Taco Johns Potato Ole seasoning on tater tots or crispy crowns. They are a little spicy, a little salty and so delicious! This copycat recipe for the potato oles is spot on!
- Dijon Parmesan Potatoes – I love having easy side dishes that go with pretty much any meal and these Dijon Parmesan Potatoes are perfect any day of the week! It’s such a quick and easy idea and they taste so much better than just plain potatoes!!! You can bake these in the oven or make them in your air fryer.
Another way to load up on veggies is to make a salad! I’ve got a few options that are perfect side dishes for your cheesy chicken main dish.
- Copycat Olive Garden Signature Salad – Olive Garden has the best house salad – with all my favorite toppings like olives and tomatoes and topped with that delicious Italian dressing and I have the recipe!
- Apple Goat Cheese Salad – I love this salad – especially with stuffed peppers – because the crunch of the apples really stands out and pairs perfectly with the creamy goat cheese – so yum!
- Copycat Taziki’s Tomato Cucumber Salad – One of the dishes at Taziki’s that captured the attention of my growling stomach was their Tomato-Cucumber salad. It’s so refreshing and full of zing and feta cheese – plus pickled red onions!
- This Copycat Panera Southwest Chili Lime Ranch Salad is my absolute favorite!!! I made this arugula salad three times this past week!!! Once you have all the ingredients – you can’t help but make it every day! (Leave out the chicken if you have meat in your peppers.)
- Greek Salad – Panera might be known for bread but I love their salads!!!! The Panera Greek Salad is a classic and so delicious – their Greek dressing is also super simple to make!
- Butternut Squash Spinach Salad – I had to come up with a last minute holiday side dish and then I remembered that I had a butternut squash in the fridge! Boom! I popped the squash in the air fryer and then made a delicious salad and it was the favorite dish of the night!
- Caprese Salad – I can’t get enough of a caprese salad – it’s so simple and goes great with anything! Tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and balsamic – you’ve got it in five minutes!
There’s something so comforting about bread as a side dish. There’s just hardly anything better – and I’ve got a few options for you!
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread is so easy and delicious!! I promise you will never ever buy the premade kind again! It’s crazy simple and cheap – and it’s ready in less than 5 minutes. How can you improve on that? Plus ++ I have a SECRET ingredient – you’ll love it!
- Okay – this isn’t bread – but it’s the butter that goes with it! Texas Roadhouse Butter is my absolute favorite and a must-have whenever I hit the road for their super delish steak! Just grab some of those delicious yeast rolls and heat them up! Easy peasy!
- The sweet folks at Ruby Slipper shared their Buttermilk Biscuit recipe with me and taught me how to make it. It’s a great side for any dish!
I’m always looking for something sweet after my dinner – so I’ve got some yummy desserts that will be a great match as well!
- Air Fryer Grilled Pineapple – Once your chicken is done – you can rinse out the air fryer and pop in some pineapple to make the best dessert in just minutes!
- Chuy’s Tres Leches Cake is by far and away my absolute favorite restaurant dessert. Stuffed peppers are fairly healthy – so splurge a little with this indulgent cake!
- Carnival Cruises are known for their Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and now you can make it at home – and it’s so easy!!!!! The cake is light and the inside is rich and decadent perfection!
- Honeybaked Ham Cinnamon Apples – I’ve been looking for a simple baked apples recipe – I love enjoying them at the first sign of fall – especially with a big dollop of whipped cream on top!
- 10 Minute Pumpkin Tiramisu – So I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tiramisu – but it’s a bit labor-intensive – there are many ingredients and all these steps. So I decided to come up with my own recipe for a quick and easy Tiramisu!
I hope you are all set and ready for your Stuffed Peppers – however you fill them! These sides and desserts will make everybody happy – and you leave you with more Stuffed Pepper leftovers to enjoy the next day!