Big Mac Pizza? Yes!!!! I love a Big Mac – it’s my go-to order but I never make one at home – yet I’m always making pizza – so let’s put the two together! Big Mac Pizza is so fun and you’ll be so surprised when you bite into that first slice – it tastes just like a Big Mac!
This Big Mac Pizza recipe – of course – has the special sauce – made from scratch! Then you top it with browned hamburger, American cheese, onion, lettuce and pickles! I think the pickles and the sauce are the key – that’s what gives it that signature flavor.
Big Mac Pizza Ingredients
- Big Mac Sauce – this is obviously the hero of the recipe! If you want a short cut – you can use Thousand Island dressing – but I like making it from scratch – just seems more special.
- pizza crust – you can make your own, use refrigerated dough or a pre-made crust
- ground beef – I like to use 80/20 for most everything – fat = flavor
- diced onion
- shredded Land o’Lakes American cheese – Big Mac’s use American cheese so that’s what I use – you could always swap with shredded cheddar cheese as well – but trust me – there’s nothing as good as Land o’Lakes American!
- Hamburger Dill Pickles
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
How to Make Big Mac Pizza
- First up – you gotta make the sauce! It’s pretty simple – in a small bowl, whisk together mayo, relish, ketchup, Dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and vinegar. This recipe makes just enough for one pizza – so if you want more – double the sauce recipe!
- Next up – preheat your oven and make the ‘za! I always cheat with store-bought crust – I’m trying a bunch to see what I like best. This time I went with the refrigerator pizza dough and laid that out on a rimmed baking pan or sheet pan.
- How does that song go? Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on…PIZZA CRUST! I browned the ground beef ahead of time for the pizza (be sure to drain the grease from it as well).
- Top the crust with your special sauce (save a little back for the end) and then layer on the toppings! Sprinkle and top with cooked beef, diced onion and grated American cheese.
- I buy American cheese in a chunk from the deli and grate it myself – yum!
- Bake your pizza at this point – then when you take it out – top with pickles, lettuce and drizzle with leftover sauce and your Big Mac Pizza is ready to be served!!!
Who sells Big Mac Pizza?
NOBODY! Unless I open up a pizza shop after this recipe goes viral! Haha – JK – I’m sure some pizza shops do but none around me!
This Big Mac Pizza is so fun for the whole family – even if you haven’t been to McD’s in years – everybody will love it!
Big Mac Pizza
- Minimum 2 hours before dinner: whisk together first 8 ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use (it's not the end of the world if you can't do it earlier – but the sauce has time to marinate together if you can!)2 tbsp mayonnaise, 2 tbsp sweet relish, 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp onion powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 (or according to your crust directions)
- Lay crust out on non-stick pan1 pizza crust
- In a skillet, brown ground beef on stove over medium heat until most of the pink is gone. It will continue to cook when baking so don't overcook.1/2 pound ground beef
- Remove sauce from refrigerator and spread on crust
- Top with browned ground beef, raw diced onion and shredded American cheese1/3 cup onion, 1 1/4 cups American cheese
- Bake for 13 minutes (or according to crust directions)
- Remove from oven and top with pickles, lettuce and any extra sauceHamburger Dill Pickles, Shredded lettuce