The Blueberry Bliss from Tropical Smoothie is a super healthy snack any time of day. Fresh fruit and a little sweetness is about all you’ll find in this delicious smoothie!
What You Will ❤️ About the Blueberry Bliss
- Simple Ingredients! Walk in the door and you see their fresh ingredients all lined up – which means it’s easy to recreate the taste at home. Fruit, a little sugar and water! That’s it.
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe! They have a great menu and much of it – you can make at home! It’s a great idea starter if you want to have more smoothies in your life.
- Good For You! Blueberries have tons of antioxidants, Vitamin C, Manganese & Potassium. Strawberries have Vitamin C, magnesium and Calcium. Bananas have Fiber, Potassium and B6! So much good stuff!
This recipe was made using the Vitamix A3500.
Blueberry Bliss Ingredients
Tropical Smoothie Cafe has endless customizations you can make adding fruit, extra protein, vitamins and even veggies. Here’s the standard Tropical Smoothie recipe for the Blueberry Bliss:
- Blueberries, Strawberries & Bananas – you can use fresh or frozen on any of the fruits – I love fresh blueberries and always have them on hand.
- Turbinado Sugar – if you’re not familiar – it’s also called raw sugar. It’s processed just enough to be safe to eat but has more of the natural flavors. This adds a little extra natural sweetness to your smoothie.
- Water & Ice – Yes you need both! 🙂
Soft Ice is the Key!!!
When I was chatting with the folks at Tropical Smoothie – they said the ice is key. It’s a soft “chipped” ice. So I was on the search to figure this out. Here’s what I used and it worked!!
- SMALL ICE CUBES – I found this small cube silicone ice tray on Amazon. You’ll need to set that on a tray before putting liquid in it – it’s very flexible. This tray makes about 2 cups of ice which will make two 8 oz. smoothies.
- CLUB SODA/SPARKLING WATER – this was a tip I found on the internet! I had some raspberry lime sparkling water and used that and it definitely made the ice softer.
- REGULAR ICE? Now – if you don’t have pebble ice – you can use regular ice – it just might not come out as smooth as this one did.
How to make Tropical Smoothie Café’s Blueberry Bliss Smoothie
- Make small ice cubes out of Club Soda or Sparkling Water!
- Pour all ingredients into blender
- Blend on high until it’s a thick but smooth consistency
About the Vitamix A3500
This thing is BONKERS!!!! For years I’ve heard about the Vitamix but wow – it’s cool! There’s a touchscreen and preset buttons (for Smoothies, Hot Soups, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts, and Self-Cleaning). There’s a dial timer and power knob – it’s by far the coolest blender I’ve ever seen. I can’t wait to keep trying it out and making new recipes with it!
This post contains affiliate links which I make a little money on purchases. Thanks in advance! I am an Amazon associate as well as a member of other affiliate programs.
Variations & FAQs
If you’re not a banana fan (I’m not) – you can substitute with Greek yogurt. I liked the taste much better without the banana – but I’m still a fan of the regular one.
Either works! I got this food scale and it helps so much when measuring out things like this (and it’s cheap and easy to use!). I used fresh fruit this time – but frozen works just fine as well.
Any berries are good – raspberries or blackberries! You could also add pineapple or mango.
You can use 2 oz of other sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup, brown sugar or splenda.
Sure – add your favorite protein powder to this for an added punch.
Yes! Vegan & Dairy-Free – Nothing but fruit, sugar and water in here!
Store leftovers in an airtight container (like a mason jar) in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Add ice and re-blend to freshen up! You can also place leftovers into the freezer and re-blend to loosen them up as the water you added will re-freeze.
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
What to serve with a Smoothie
Other Healthy Snack & Breakfast Ideas
Blueberry Bliss Tropical Smoothie
- 4 oz blueberries
- 2 oz strawberries 3 large
- 1/2 banana
- 2 oz turbinado coarse sugar
- 8 oz water
- 2 cups soft ice see my tips for soft ice!
- Make small ice cubes out of Club Soda or Sparkling Water!2 cups soft ice
- Pour all ingredients into blender4 oz blueberries, 2 oz strawberries, 1/2 banana, 2 oz turbinado coarse sugar, 8 oz water
- Blend on high until it's a thick but smooth consistency
Leave a Reply