You’re going to be shocked when you bite into this Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread and realize it’s pretty healthy too! That’s right – only 4 Weight Watchers points (all plans) – and I’ve got Air Fryer instructions as well!
Starbucks Banana Nut Bread has always been a favorite of mine – and this copycat version is super simple to make. I mixed it together in about five minutes! It’s very soft and I made some key substitutions so I could keep the nuts in the recipe and still keep the fat/calories down.
What’s in Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread?
Starbucks shares many of their ingredients and it’s nothing shocking here: bananas, wheat flour, sugar, eggs, walnuts, pecans, salt and spices. I know there’s also cinnamon and vanilla in there. So if you’re interested in a full fat version – you’ve got your ingredients list!
How do you make Weight Watchers Banana Bread?
I modified those ingredients slightly for this lower fat Weight Watchers Banana Bread (4 points a slice!).
- Swap out oil for applesauce – you save a LOT of the fat & calories!
- The other big swap is to use Stevia instead of sugar – you can buy Stevia in a big bag – it’s very light an is a cup-for-cup swap to sugar and 0 points!
- Also the Starbucks version lists wheat flour – but I used a combo of whole wheat and self-rising flour – no calorie savings there – just provided the right texture.
Once you have the swaps – it’s easy-peasy! You’ll need three bowls though – just fyi.
- Preheat the oven to 350 (using Air Fryer? Stay tuned!)
- Bowl 1: mash bananas
- Bowl 2: Sift flour together – then a baking soda, salt and cinnamon
- Bowl 3: Vanilla, applesauce, Stevia & egg – beat together until light & fluffy with a wisk (no mixer)
- Alternating in batches, add in buttermilk, mashed bananas and flour mixture – mix with spatula – NO MIXER
- Fold in half the nuts
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan (or use parchment paper to line pan)
- Sprinkle remaining nuts on top of batter
How do you make Banana Bread in the Air Fryer?
If you’re using a traditional oven – you’ll have to bake your Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread for 50 minutes. But guess what??? If you’ve got an air fryer – cut that time in HALF!!! (Temp goes down to 310 also). Just set your loaf pan in the air fryer and go!
I made Air Fryer Banana Bread in my new Paula Deen air fryer ($139 – I got her new electronic one in red! oooh!) and it came out beautifully! I still have her older model ($109) that just has dials for time & temp which I will continue to use for things that need more space – but this new one is fancy!
What goes with Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread?
Obviously – a cup of coffee is a sure thing! But what else? I like to think of Banana Bread as either brunchy or a dessert – so here are some ideas:
Copycat Starbucks Banana Bread (+ Weight Watchers Friendly!)
- If making in a traditional oven, preheat to 350
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray or use parchment paper as lining
- Bowl 1: Peel & mash 3 bananas, set aside
- Bowl 2: Sift together wheat and self rising flour. Remeasure to have two cups of flour (not packed) and discard any remaining over the 2 cups. (Mine was about 1/8 cup)
- Bowl 2: Add baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir lightly and set aside
- Bowl 3: Combine vanilla, applesauce and Stevia with a whisk until light and fluffy. Add egg and buttermilk, beat to incorporate.
- Add half mashed bananas and half flour to bowl 3. Stir with a spatula lightly – do not overmix!
- Add rest of bananas and flour and stir.
- Mix together walnuts & pecans. Fold half the nuts into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepare loaf pan and sprinkle remaining nuts on top
- Oven directions: Bake at 350 for 50 min. Use cake tester to check doneness.
- Air Fryer directions: Air Fry at 310 for 25 min. Use cake tester to check doneness.
- Turn out baked bread onto cooling rack fo 15 min.