The one thing I’ll say about my recipe is – it has purple cabbage too! I know that KFC coleslaw doesn’t – but I bought a coleslaw mix of cabbage/carrots from the store and it was in there – all tastes the same. For me, it’s all about the dressing – and that is just right in this KFC coleslaw copycat recipe!
How long is KFC Coleslaw good for?
I don’t think it’ll last long in any household because everybody will eat it up! But I would say it’s good for 7-10 days. Mine was gone in 4 days – because I couldn’t help myself!
Can you freeze Copycat KFC Coleslaw?
No. With all the dairy of buttermilk and mayonnaise – I wouldn’t freeze it.
How to make KFC Coleslaw at home?
It could not be easier!!!! Literally – I was shocked! I dumped the bag of coleslaw mix out and diced it – because KFC’s is diced pretty small. Then dump that into a bowl. I minced part of an onion pretty small – dumped that in.
Then in a separate bowl mixed together mayo, milk, buttermilk, sugar, salt, pepper, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Whisk that together and pour over the slaw/onion mix. Stir and refrigerate! I was done in 10 minutes!!
If you’re looking for other quick and easy side dishes – I’ve got you covered! Here are my favorites:
– Copycat Popeye’s Red Beans and Rice
– Creamiest Macaroni & Cheese
– Greek Pasta Salad
Copycat KFC Coleslaw
- 4 cups cole slaw mix finely diced
- 1/4 yellow onion minced
- 1/2 cup Duke's mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Empty bag of coleslaw mix onto cutting board and chop it into a fine dice. That’s key to making it like KFC!4 cups cole slaw mix
- In one bowl, add diced coleslaw mix and minced onion1/4 yellow onion
- In separate bowl, add remaining ingredients and whisk together1/2 cup Duke's mayonnaise, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup buttermilk, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1/2 lemon
- Pour dressing mix onto colelsaw mix and stir
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (or more) and serve
Leave a Reply