Breaded mushrooms are one of my favorite restaurant appetizers that I’ve never made at home – until now!!!! With the air fryer – there’s no mess of oil – and they’re crispy and just as delicious. These air fryer breaded mushrooms will hit the SPOT for you any night!
While I normally order battered mushrooms – these panko-breaded mushrooms will not disappoint! They are so crunchy on the outside and then juicy on the inside – pair them with a bowl of ranch and you will think you’re at your local sports bar instead of on your own couch!
Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms are super simple to make – and you can even get the kids involved. Let them do them messy breading work – they love getting their hands dirty. The best part is – you can have these on the table in less than 15 minutes.
Here’s a fun date night – make it a restaurant-night IN during quarantine! You can start with these breaded mushrooms – then make my Copycat Freddy’s A1 Chophouse Steak Burger for your main dish. Lastly finish it off with the Carnival Cruise Melting Chocolate Cake.
How to Air Fry Breaded Mushrooms
It’s so easy!!!! First up – lightly wash the mushrooms to remove any pieces of dirt. I do NOT remove the stems because the stem is a nice handle when you’re breading and eating the mushrooms.
Next, set up your breading trays:
- Tray 1: Flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Tray 2: Eggs, 1 tbsp water – lightly beaten
- Tray 3: Panko, salt, cayenne pepper
You’ll go through the breading stations with each mushroom and then set them in the air fryer at least an inch apart. The stems make a nice little kickstand for the mushrooms.
Spritz with olive oil and air fry at 375 for 6 min – then flip – spritz and go for 6 minutes more.
Other Delicious Mushroom Recipes
- Air Fryer Steak & Mushrooms
- Copycat Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms
- Chicken with Mushrooms in a Balsamic Cream Sauce
Air Fryer Breaded Mushrooms
- Wash mushrooms and pat dry
- Set up breading stations: – Tray 1: flour, salt, pepper, garlic– Tray 2: Eggs, water – lightly beaten – Tray 3: Panko, salt, cayenne pepper
- Bread mushrooms through breading stations and set in air fryer at least one inch apart. If you leave the stems on, you'll set them on their side with the stem like a kickstand
- Spritz with olive oil
- Air fry at 375 for 6 min
- Flip mushrooms and spritz with olive oil and air fry for 6 min more
- Serve with ranch dressing