Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi has always been one of my favorite dishes! I was shocked at how easy it was to make it at home! This copycat version is SPOT ON!Jump to Recipe
I ordered the famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi on Door Dash and then made my own version the next day to be sure I had my copycat recipe just right. (This job can be such hard work sometimes! HAHA) I made this shrimp scampi dish in the oven – just like Red Lobster – and it’s keto friendly!!!
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Ingredients
This recipe has fairly simple ingredients – if you buy the shrimp – everything else is probably already in your pantry!
- 1 lb raw shrimp large, tail on, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stick salted butter slightly softened – you need lots for that delicious pool of butter the shrimp bathes in!
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
I took a peek at some other “copycat” recipes out there and a lot of people had wine and lemon in them. There’s no mention of wine in the Red Lobster menu and there’s definitely not even a hint of lemon in the dish. So this Red Lobster shrimp scampi recipe is made without wine or lemon. You can definitely add a squeeze of fresh lemon on top after it comes out of the broiler though!
How to make Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi?
You know it’s going to be good when there are Cheddar Bay Biscuits and a Caesar Salad in the background! This copycat recipe is SO EASY!!!
- Rinse RAW shrimp, pat dry and season with salt & pepper
- Heat oven to broil – high heat is the key to this dish!
- In oven safe round baking dish, add olive oil, butter and garlic
- You could also use a cast iron skillet
- Place baking dish in oven until butter melts 3-6 minutes
- Remove the baking dish from the oven
- Take your raw shrimp and roll it around in the butter mixture so it’s all coated and place in baking dish
- Place the dish back in the oven on High Broil for 4 minutes
- Remove and sprinkle with parmesan, basil and oregano
I recommend a small (8″) round baking dish with low sides – think along the lines of a pie plate or round baker. This allows you to make a pretty design with the shrimp in a circle and gets the food close to the heat in the broiler!
No! Don’t do it! One of the most important things in this recipe is using raw shrimp! Raw shrimp cooks so quickly! Cooking cooked shrimp will just give you rubbery shrimp.
Be sure to get Tail On, Peeled & Deveined – this will just make it easier for you when cooking and eating.
Yes – as long as they’re oven safe!
Some people have white wine (like a pinot grigio) in the recipe but it’s not mentioned in the Red Lobster description and it doesn’t have any wine taste to it. So have your wine on the side for your fancy dinners!
What to serve with Red Lobster Garlic Shrimp Scampi:
A big loaf of crusty bread is a great side dish – dip it in the shrimp scampi sauce and enjoy! But you can also add:
- Olive Garden Salad & Italian Dressing
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Homemade Cheddar Biscuits (copycat of the most famous Red Lobster menu item!)
Other delicious copycat recipes:
Copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
- Pat dry raw shrimp with tails on with a paper towel1 lb raw shrimp
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste.1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to broil
- Place olive oil, butter and garlic in round baking dish2 tbsp olive oil, 1 stick salted butter, 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Place baking dish in broiler and heat until butter melts (low – 5-6 min, high 3-4)
- Once butter is melted, remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Hold the shrimp by the tails and roll it around in the garlic butter and place in the baking dish.
- Place the dish back in the oven for 4 minutes on high broil.
- Remove promptly from the oven and sprinkle with basil, oregano and shredded cheese.1/4 tsp dried basil, 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Serve as an appetizer, on top of angel hair pasta or with crusty bread and enjoy!