Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi has always been one of my favorite dishes! I was shocked at how easy it was to make it at home! This copycat version is SPOT ON!
How to make Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi?
You know it’s going to be good when there are Cheddar Bay Biscuits and a Caesar Salad in the background! This copycat recipe is SO EASY!!!
- Rinse RAW shrimp, pat dry and season with salt & pepper
- Heat oven to broil
- In oven safe round baking dish, add olive oil, butter and garlic
- Place baking dish in oven until butter melts 3-6 minutes
- Remove the baking dish from the oven
- Take your raw shrimp and roll it around in the butter mixture so it’s all coated and place in baking dish
- Place the dish back in the oven on High Broil for 4 minutes
- Remove and sprinkle with parmesan, basil and oregano
I recommend a small (8″) round baking dish with low sides – think along the lines of a pie plate or round baker. This allows you to make a pretty design with the shrimp in a circle and gets the food close to the heat in the broiler!
I took a peek at some other “copycat” recipes out there and some of them had wine and lemon in them. There’s no mention of wine in the Red Lobster menu and there’s definitely not even a hint of lemon in the dish. So this Red Lobster shrimp scampi recipe is made without wine or lemon. You can definitely squeeze a lemon on top after it comes out of the broiler though!
No! Don’t do it! Raw shrimp cooks so quickly! Cooking cooked shrimp will just give you rubbery shrimp.
Be sure to get Tail On, Peeled & Deveined – this will just make it easier for you when cooking and eating.
Yes – as long as they’re oven safe!
Some people have white wine in it but it’s not mentioned in the Red Lobster description and it doesn’t have any wine taste to it.
Other delicious copycat recipes:
Copycat Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
- Pat dry raw shrimp with tails on with a paper towel
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat oven to broil
- Place olive oil, butter and garlic in round baking dish
- Place baking dish in broiler and heat until butter melts (low – 5-6 min, high 3-4)
- Once butter is melted, remove the baking dish from the oven.
- Hold the shrimp by the tails and roll it around in the garlic butter and place in the baking dish.
- Place the dish back in the oven for 4 minutes on high broil.
- Remove promptly from the oven and sprinkle with basil, oregano and shredded cheese.
- Serve as an appetizer, on top of angel hair pasta or with crusty bread and enjoy!