Isn’t that cutting board beautiful?! I love it! It was definitely my favorite Christmas present! I’m pretty simple when it comes to steak – give me a bone-in ribeye, salt, pepper and butter – and we’re good. I don’t think good steak needs to have a fancy rub or much of anything else.
Also – I’m going to give my plug to Certified Angus Beef – a few years back I went to visit them in Wooster OH and they really gave us so much info! Their steak is just better – they require better quality, more marbeling, etc. And the taste difference is amazing – I literally won’t buy anything else! You can find Certified Angus (in Cincinnati anyway) at Meijer and I use Shipt for grocery delivery through Meijer.
I barely got the photos taken before I was digging into this steak – and again – butter, salt and pepper is all I use on steak!! I just love the FLAVOR! And for me – I like a ribeye because it’s more tender.
This steak was tender, juicy and perfect! The dogs were sitting at my feet just DROOLING. Literally. I ended up giving them a few bites – it’s my diet plan – one bite for me, one bite for them. But one bite of this steak is about all they got! I wasn’t letting the steak go! hahaha
I can’t wait to hear how you cook your steak? Do you always grill – even in the dead of winter? Have you tried the reverse sear method? What seasonings do you use? I hope you’ll try this method and let me know what you think.
Reverse Sear Ribeye
- Ribeye (1″ thick)
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- Season ribeye with salt & pepper on all sides
- Place on wire rack lined baking sheet
- Bake until internal temp is 115 (for Medium Rare) – start checking after 20 minutes – it really depends on how large/thick your steak(s) are
- Heat a cast iron skillet at medium high and add oil
- Once steak is to temp – remove from oven and add to skillet
- Add butter
- Sear on all sides for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and enjoy