Making air fryer onion rings from scratch is also easy! Cut, dip, air fry! I like my onion rings extra crunchy and these were perfection.
Can you air fry onion rings?
Yes of course!!! It’s super easy! A lot of people were asking how to cut onions for onion rings and I would recommend THICK slices. These onion rings are so crunchy that some of thinner slices actually lose a little of the onion flavor. The smaller thicker ones were my favorite.
After you dip them in breading, egg and panko – just air fry for 10 minutes and you’re good! I had to do a couple of batches to get the whole onion done because you don’t want to crowd the rings in the Air Fryer.
I also made up a quick little dip for these air fryer onion rings – it’s just ketchup, mayonnaise and seasoning salt – stir it up and you’re good to go! Plus – this dippin sauce is great for other air fryer veggies and apps like avocados, zucchini and even Hot Cheetos cheese curds.
Air Fryer Onion Rings
- 3 Tbsp mayo
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Freddy’s or Steak & Shake fry seasoning
How to cook Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Be sure to peel all “skin” off onions
- Dip onion rings in flour, then egg, then panko
- Do the rings about 10 at a time and place loosely in air fryer basket – you can stack them but keep them loose – you want lots of air around them!
- Cook in batches at 375 for 10 minutes, you can open halfway and turn them
- Cover to keep warm while cooking remaining onions
- For Dippin Sauce – stir together all ingredients!