I’ve been dying to try out onion rings in my air fryer and they were amazing! These are super crunchy and really tasty! And I made a fun zingy dippin sauce to go with the air fryer onion rings! Crunchy & saucy! Yum!
Making air fryer onion rings from scratch is also easy! Cut, dip, air fry! I like my onion rings extra crunchy and these were perfection.
Can you air fry onion rings?
Yes of course!!! It’s super easy! A lot of people were asking how to cut onions for onion rings and I would recommend THICK slices. These onion rings are so crunchy that some of thinner slices actually lose a little of the onion flavor. The smaller thicker ones were my favorite.
After you dip them in breading, egg and panko – just air fry for 10 minutes and you’re good! I had to do a couple of batches to get the whole onion done because you don’t want to crowd the rings in the Air Fryer.
I also made up a quick little dip for these air fryer onion rings – it’s just ketchup, mayonnaise and seasoning salt – stir it up and you’re good to go! Plus – this dippin sauce is great for other air fryer veggies and apps like avocados, zucchini and even Hot Cheetos cheese curds.
And if you just got an air fryer and aren’t really sure what you can cook in an air fryer – I put together a great starter list for you! So get started already! You can find all of them in my Air Fryer Recipes section or in my Air Fryer Facebook group!
Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Be sure to peel all “skin” off onions1 large onion
- Dip onion rings in wing breading, then egg, then panko1/2 cup Hooter's Wing Breading, 1 egg, 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Do the rings about 10 at a time and place loosely in air fryer basket – you can stack them but keep them loose – you want lots of air around them! Spritz with olive oil sprayOlive Oil spray
- Cook in batches at 375 for 10 minutes, you can open halfway and turn them
- Cover to keep warm while cooking remaining onions
- For Dippin Sauce – stir together all ingredients and refrigerate3 tbsp mayonnaise, 3 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp fry seasoning