Frozen Potstickers in an air fryer are done in half the time with no mess! I also whipped up a little sauce in about 1 minute that goes great and is much fresher than the packet that comes in the box.Jump to Recipe
I love these little guys but I’ll tell you – it was trickier than you’d think to make them just right! Just placing them in the air fryer makes them stale and tough – but I figured out the trick to perfect potstickers!
How to cook frozen potstickers in the air fryer?
When I first tried frozen potstickers, I just placed them in the air fryer and started it up! The problem is – it’s all dry – even when spritzed with olive oil – they were tough.
I conquered this problem by using a little water!
The first step is to find a baking dish that fits in your air fryer – place just enough water in to cover the bottom of the dish. Then, arrange the potstickers in the dish so they’re not touching and spritz the potstickers with olive oil.
Finally air fry at 350 for 3 minutes – this will steam and fry the potstickers at the same time! Then flip them and repeat with olive oil spritz and air fry 3 minutes more.
What sauce do you serve with potstickers?
While the potstickers are air frying, mix together soy sauce, freshly grated ginger, a little lime juice and a dash of sesame oil (recipe below) and you’ll have a great dipping sauce that only takes a minute to whip up!
My best friend used to always say it was Monkey Meat – but really it’s usually a combo of ground meat and veggies. I bought the Pagoda brand that had ground pork, cabbage and green onions.
Uh – yeah. This would be a short post if they couldn’t!
All potstickers are dumplings, but not all dumplings are potstickers. The name potsticker comes from the fact that when the water cooks out of the pan – they stick to the pot and are usually a little crispy. This air fryer technique makes that happen!
Nope…unless you find ones that specifically are low-carb
Probably not – again unless you find ones that are specifically gluten free
Yes – as long as they’re cooked all the way through. Always follow doctors orders but you should be just fine here!
What to serve with potstickers?
- Copycat PF Chang’s Fried Rice
- PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps Copycat
- Copycat Panera Teriyaki Chicken & Broccoli
Air Fryer Potstickers
- 1 box potstickers
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
- dash sesame oil
- Take a round baking dish that fits in your air fryer and pour in 1/4 cup water – just barely enough to cover the bottom.
- Set the dish into the bottom of your air fryer – you might need to remove the tray in the bottom if it's not a flat surface
- Set the frozen air fryers in the baking dish in the water
- Spritz potstickers lightly with olive oil
- Air fry at 350 for 3 minutes
- While air frying, whisk together soy sauce, ginger, lime juice and sesame oil
- Flip potstickers, spritz with olive oil and air fry 2-3 minutes more
- Remove potstickers with tons and serve with soy ginger sauce