Firehouse Subs New York Steamer is my ab fab favorite sandwich at my AB FAB favorite sub place! I love the combination of corned beef brisket and pastrami, melted provolone, deli mustard, mayo, and Italian dressing – it’s so delicious!
A few years back I met the owners and was sold on Firehouse Subs. They use higher quality meats, they take care with their sandwiches and they donate money from every store to the EMT/Fire departments in that neighborhood. I LOVE that!!!
What’s in the New York Steamer?
- 2 Sandwich Sub Rolls
- 1/4 lb sliced corned beef
- 1/4 lb sliced pastrami
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Italian Dressing
How do you make Firehouse Subs NY Steamer sub?
- Place sub rolls open faced on parchment paper on your tray (oven or air fryer)
- Preheat oven or air fryer on broil-low
- Place meat in microwave steamer and steam for 1 minute in the microwave
- Remove meat from steamer and split between rolls – layering with provolone cheese slices
- Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown
- Top with vinaigrette, mayo and mustard
- Combine the two sides together and serve
Tips, Tricks and FAQs
There are a lot of different breads you can use for making sandwiches at home. I’ve used Bolillos – which is a french bread typically made in Mexico. They work great for this sandwich and are very affordable (3 for $1). I’ve also bought mini-sub rolls to make a smaller sandwich.
Super easy with my favorite steamer! Just add 1/4 cup or less of water in the bottom and then lay your meat in the steamer basket and cover. Steam for 1 min in the microwave.
My favorite sauce is Captain Sorenson’s Datil Pepper Sauce – they say it’s hot and spicy – and I’m kind of a wuss – and I don’t think it’s too spicy. BUT it’s got so much FLAVOR! It’s sweet and zingy – omg – my favorite. I just ran out and can’t wait to get a new bottle!
What to serve with Firehouse Subs?
Other Delicious Copycat Recipes:
Copycat Firehouse Subs New York Steamer
- Slice roll in half and place on cookie sheet or air fryer pan on top of a sheet of parchment paper
- Preheat oven or air fryer to broil – LOW
- Place meat in microwave steamer tray and steam for 1 minute in microwave
- Layer meat and cheese onto sub rolls open faced
- Broil on low for 5 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Remove from oven or air fryer tray and plate
- Add mustard, mayo and Italian dressing