copycat of their Shrimp ‘n Parmesan Sirloin is so simple and really tasty!
Top sirloin topped with sautéed shrimp and a lemon butter Parmesan
minutes! The parmesan sauce is very light and would also be nice as a gravy
on potatoes. I had some roasted potato leftovers and cooked up some green
beans on the side.
How do you make Applebees Shrimp & Steak?
Applebee’s Shrimp Parmesan & Steak recipe is super simple – you can
cook your steaks however you like – I provided instruction for cooking in a
cast iron skillet.
also add garlic or any other seasonings you like on steak. Then you’ll sear
your steak in a cast iron skillet. After your steak is cooked, start your
parmesan sauce. It’s super simple – saute butter and garlic until the butter
is melted. Then add flour, milk, lemon juice and parmesan cheese and whisk
steak. Just add a little oil and saute for 2-3 minutes – shrimp are done
shrimp and then pour over your lemon butter parmesan sauce!
What goes with Applebees Shrimp & Parmesan Steak
Copycat Applebees Shrimp & Parmesan Sirloin
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 10 RAW shrimp, peeled & deveined
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 7 tbsp butter
- 1 TBSP All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup imported Parmesan cheese, grated
- Season steaks and shrimp with salt, pepper and garlic
- In cast iron skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter on high
- Once butter is melted add steak so it sears – cook 2-3 min on one side
- Add 2 more tbsp butter and flip steak – cook 2-3 more min (temp check your meat to preference – this is for medium rare)
- Remove steak from pan and let it rest – remove pan from heat
- In a separate small saucepan, saute 3 tbsp butter and garlic on medium heat. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour, milk, juice from lemon and cheese to saucepan and whisk frequently until the sauce begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Place skillet back on heat on med high. if pan is dry – add 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add shrimp to hot skillet and saute. Cook 1-2 min until opaque
- Serve steak on plate and top with sautéed shrimp. Then pour parmesan sauce over top of steak & shrimp.