This Weight Watchers Cheesecake recipe is SO DELICIOUS! You wont’ realize it’s “light” (I won’t actually call it healthy – haha). I started with a Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake Recipe and then substituted ingredients to make it healthier.Jump to Recipe
This Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake recipe makeover is CRAZY – 24 WW points down to FOUR OR FIVE!!!!! It’s got some ingredient swaps – but in the end – it’s thick, rich and creamy – I love it! Top it with strawberries and you’ve got a five star dessert!
How to make Weight Watchers Cheesecake?
Cheesecake is fairly easy to make – I’m not sure why I waited so long to make it. I made an air fryer cheesecake and it was tasty! This time, I decided to make oven cheesecake. There’s a few steps but none are difficult:
- Crust – break up low fat graham crackers and mix with a little butter and corn syrup. Press into the pan and bake. (I used my air fryer)
- Topping – Cheesecake Factory’s Original Cheesecake has a sour cream topping – so I mixed together fat free sour cream and stevia then refrigerated until needed
- Filling – Before I started everything, I took out the cream cheese so it could soften. I used fat free cream cheese for lower points.
- Blend together cream cheese, stevia, eggs, egg whites, Greek yogurt, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla
- Pour over pre-baked crust and bake
- Cool slowly so the top doesn’t crack
- Top with your topping and refrigerate overnight
How can you make cheesecake more healthy?
There were a few ingredient swaps that were crucial to reducing the fat and calories in this cheesecake:
- Swap full fat cream cheese for fat free cream cheese
- Add in Nonfat Greek yogurt
- Swap sugar for Stevia (or another sugar substitute)
- Combine whole eggs with egg whites
Does it taste a little different? Yup. Its funny because when I took my first bite – I was like – well – let’s see how the heck this turned out?! I was NERVOUS! But I was happily surprised – it was really great!
I also topped the cheesecake with fat free whipped cream and just a touch of this Robert Rothschild Farm Raspberry Almond Drizzle. It’s added just the right amount of sweetness! I love their stuff! I made some salmon cakes and used some of their bacon chutney on burgers. Yum!
Tell me about Weight Watchers and the Points
Weight Watchers is a great way to teach yourself portion control and lose weight. I’m down six pounds in just a few weeks! I like the flexibility that I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay within the points I’m provided each day. A piece of Cheesecake Factory’s Original Cheesecake is 24 points…I get 33 for the day. That is NOT happening! This Weight Watchers Cheesecake recipe is 4 points on blue & purple and 5 points on green! Be sure to head over if you’re interested and learn more – they always have specials for new members.
Other Cheesecake Recipes
These aren’t all Weight Watchers – but I’ve got a couple other versions for you too!
Weight Watchers Cheesecake
- 10 reduced fat cinnamon graham crackers
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 2 tsp Stevia
- 1 cup strawberries
- Fat Free Whipped Topping
- Be sure your cream cheese is sitting out to be softened for at least an hour
- Preheat oven to 350. Set a baking dish with 1-2" of water in the oven on the bottom rack. This will help with baking.
- Spray springform pan with nonstick spray
- Crush graham crackers either with a food processor or place crackers in ziploc bag and smash them with a rolling pin
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs with melted butter and corn syrup. It won't really hold together – but should dampen a bit
- Press crumb mixture into bottom of springform pan. Using the bottom of a class or a small bowl to press the crumbs into the bottom and up around the sides a bit
- Place springform pan in oven for 15 minutes or air fry at 350 for 10 minutes. This helps the crust hold together a bit since we used a lot less butter
- While crust is baking, mix together the 1/2 cup sour cream and 2 tsp Stevia for your topping. Refrigerate until cheesecake is baked and cooled.
- For the filling, with your stand mixer if you have one, beat cream cheese until smooth – about 2 minutes
- Add in 1.25 cups Stevia and beat for 2 minutes. It won't get fluffy like with real sugar but it mixes in very quickly
- Add in eggs one at a time and continue to beat (remove crust from oven too)
- Add in egg whites, Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup sour cream, lemon zest & juice and vanilla. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling into springform pan crust
- Bake 55 minutes until edges set and center jiggles slightly. Be sure to take it out when center is still jiggly – otherwise it will be overdone!
- Turn off oven and crack door and let cool for an hour
- Cool out of oven for additional hour. Remove from springform pan and set on serving plate
- Remove topping from refrigerator and spread on top of cheesecake.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Slice into 12 slices and serve with strawberries and fat free whipped topping