With today being Ash Wednesday - that means Lent is here and fish frys will be on every corner of our great city. That said - there's someplace else you can go to get some great meals every day of the week - including meat-free on Fridays!
We tried this before Lent - so I just went for the traditional Battered Cod sandwich served on soft fragrant rye bread with a potato pancake. I was so hungry and ready to dig in!!!
During Lent - they change it up a bit and feature "The Codfather" which is one of their delicious tavern cut cod filets, battered with Izzy's special blend of spices and seasonings but it will be served on a kaiser roll with lettuce and tartar sauce. It comes with cole slaw or your choice of a side for only $6.99.
I loved their battered cod - the seasonings in the batter are fantastic. The outside is super crispy and the inside is light and flaky - just how delicious cod should be!
In addition to the Codfather - Izzy's menu is full of delicious Lenten friendly dining options, such as:
- Tuna Melt $7.99: All-white albacore homemade tuna salad served open faced on whole wheat bread with melted imported Swiss cheese. Served with pasta salad
- Veggie Reuben $7.99: Olive topilóv with diced fresh tomatoes piled high with sauerkraut and melted imported Swiss cheese on a toasted telera roll.
- Boneless Cod $8.89: Cod battered with Izzy’s special blend of seasonings on rye bread with tartar sauce.
- Cod Reuben $9.29: Battered cod, homemade spicy tartar sauce and sweet-n-sour coleslaw topped with melted American cheese on rye toast.
- Tuna Salad Sandwich (All White) $7.49: All-white albacore homemade tuna salad mixed with sweet relish, topped with lettuce and tomato on a toasted telera roll.
- Egg Salad Sandwich $6.49: Homemade with spicy mustard, mayo and a pinch of special seasonings, topped with lettuce and tomato on rye toast.
- Tuna Wrap $7.99: All-white albacore tuna salad with lettuce, diced tomatoes and melted imported Swiss cheese.
a Rafflecopter giveaway