There are certain things that just SCREAM Cincinnati - Graeter's Ice Cream, Montgomery Inn Ribs, Gold Star Chili and...
I took a tour of Queen City Sausage a couple of years ago - so I have a lot of love for them - I recently was taught by a coworker how to cook goetta (thin & crispy) and he gave me an idea - which we'll get to. ;-)
What's Cincinnati also called? PORKOPOLIS! So...away we go!
I decided to double up on the pork in this appetizer with GOETTA AND BACON!!!
But - where's the goetta??? Just wait!
It's so Cincinnati - only here would someone make a chip out of pork?!
I hope you'll try this while you're watching UK and be as Cincinnati as you can be!
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, finely diced
- 1 small can black olives, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, fried and chopped
- 1 package ranch seasoning mix
- In a medium sized bowl and cream cheese, bell pepper, jalapeño, olives, bacon and ranch package. Mix together until incorporated.
- Serve immediately with your favorite chips or store for up to 24 hours.
- Goetta - semi-frozen
- Slice goetta as thin as possible - it helps if it's still a little frozen so it doesn't fall apart.
- Fry goetta on griddle - as you're frying it - flatten goetta as thin as possible. You'll want to keep flipping the goetta until it's not bendy - about 5 min.
- Place goetta on paper towel to get any oil off.
- Serve with dip.