Grilled chicken thighs are even better with the smoky deliciousness of the Traeger Grill! If you don’t have a Traeger – you can still enjoy these grilled thighs all summer long.
How do you grill Bone-in Chicken Thighs?
I mean seriously – I’m hungry again just looking at it! These crispy chicken thighs are so easy to make. I used my Olive Garden Italian dressing and marinated them for 24 hours. Then on the grill they went! That’s it – super tender, super juicy.
How long do you cook Chicken Thighs on the Traeger Grill?
These bone-in chicken thighs too 35 minutes to grill at 400 degrees. I did not “smoke” them – but they still get that smoky flavor because they’re cooking with pellets! If you’re making boneLESS chicken thighs – they’ll only take 15-20 minutes. Always temp check your meat – chicken should temp at 160 degrees. They’ll continue to heat up once you remove them and get to 165.
What to serve with Traeger Grilled Chicken Thighs?
Other delicious Traeger recipes
Traeger Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 2-5 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- Rinse chicken thighs with water and pat dry
- Place chicken thighs in ziploc bag(s) and pour half dressing in each bag.
- Refrigerate and Marinate the thighs in Italian dressing for 24 hours
- When ready to grill, make sure there are enough pellets in the hopper
- Turn Traeger grill onto Smoke setting and turn on.
- After about 4-5 minutes, Traeger grill starts to smoke – shut lid and change temp to 400 degrees
- Watch temperature gage and it will come up to temp in about 10 minutes
- Come back in about 35 minutes and check the temperature on your chicken. It should be 160-165 degrees.
- To shut down your Traeger, leave the grill lid open, turn the knob to Shut Down. After about 5 minutes the fan will shut down and then you can turn the power off and put the cover back on.