Grilled chicken thighs are even better with the smoky deliciousness from
the Traeger Grill! If you don’t have a Traeger – you can still enjoy these
grilled thighs all summer long!
crispy skin on them (as you can see) and were so tender, juicy and
flavorful! I kept the leftovers in the fridge and used them in so many
I’ve loved getting to know how to use my Traeger – it truly is the easiest
grill I’ve ever used! You plug it in, turn it on, set the temp and grill! No
watching it to make sure it doesn’t get too hot- it’s awesome!
How do you grill Bone-in Chicken Thighs?
I mean seriously – I’m hungry again just looking at it! These crispy
chicken thighs were so easy to make – I used my Italian dressing from my
Olive Garden salad to marinate them in the fridge for 24 hours. Then on the
grill they went! That’s it – super tender, super juicy. And if you’re new to
your Traeger – I’ve got instructions below on how to start her
How long do you cook Chicken Thighs on the Traeger Grill?
These bone-in chicken thighs took 35 minutes to cook at 400 degrees. If
you’re making BONELESS chicken thighs – they’ll only take probably 15-20
minutes. Always temp check your meat – chicken should temp at 160 degrees.
It will continue to heat after it’s off the grill and get to
five pounds of chicken thighs and made them all! I figure if I’m turning
on the grill – might as well do them all! I used the leftovers on salads
and pasta all week – it was great! Here are some other
Traeger Grilled Chicken Thighs
- 2-5 pounds chicken bone-in chicken thighs
- Italian Dressing – if you’re doing 1-3 pounds, a single batch is fine. If you’re doing 3-5 pounds, make a double batch of dressing
- Rinse chicken thighs with water and pat dry
- Place chicken thighs in ziploc bag(s) and pour half dressing in each bag.
- Refrigerate and Marinate the thighs in Italian dressing for 24 hours
- When ready to grill, make sure there are enough pellets in the hopper
- Turn Traeger grill onto Smoke setting and turn on.
- After about 4-5 minutes, Traeger grill starts to smoke – shut lid and change temp to 400 degrees
- Watch temperature gage and it will come up to temp in about 10 minutes
- Once grill is at 400 degrees – place chicken thighs, skin side down, on grill
- Come back in about 35 minutes and check the temperature on your chicken. It should be 160-165 degrees.
- To shut down your Traeger, leave the grill lid open, turn the knob to Shut Down. After about 5 minutes the fan will shut down and then you can turn the power off and put the cover back on.
Did you make this recipe?