I love love love Firehouse Subs - ever since I went to a blogger dinner and met the owner - I was sold! They use higher quality meats and more of them - they take care with their sandwiches - they donate money in every market they have a store.
Unfortunately the one by my house recently closed - so my New York Steamer fix is a little farther away...I had to do something!
I figured out how to make my own!
Copy-Cat Firehouse Subs New York Steamer
Sandwich Sub Bread (Bolillo or French Loaf)
2-4 slices corned beef
2-4 slices pastrami
3 slices provolone
Captain Sorenson's Datil Pepper Sauce
* Slice bread in half and place on cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray
* Preheat oven on broil
* Heat small skillet with a light coating of non-stick spray, then place your meat into the skillet. Heat for 2-3 minutes
* Remove meat from pan and place on open-faced bread
* Top with vinaigrette, mustard and Datil pepper sauce .
* Top with provolone
* Heat open-face on broil for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown
* Combine the two sides together and serve!