How do I air fry bacon wrapped scallops?
Making scallops in the air fryer is super simple! They actually cook very quickly no matter what you do – and you don’t want to overcook them or they’ll be rubbery.
They take about 10 minutes in the air fryer when wrapped in bacon. They come out so perfectly!
I made bacon wrapped scallops in the air fryer and it was super simple! I sliced the bacon in half and pre-cooked it for 3 minutes at 400 – the bacon takes longer than the scallops – so this helps them get done evenly.
Then wrap each scallop in a half-slice of bacon, secure with a toothpick and into the air fryer! I always place a pita or slice of bread under the basket when I’m making bacon to soak up some of the bacon grease.
Then I brushed on a very light barbecue sauce – my favorite is Williamson Brothers. I found them on a trip to Atlanta and it’s my favorite! It’s not very thick and has a lot of seasonings and flavor!
Finally you pop the bacon-wrapped scallops in the air fryer for 10 minutes – turning halfway through and they’re ready! I love them and can’t wait to serve them when my friends and family come over!
If you’re looking for other air fryer recipes – I have tons! You can see them on my Air Fryer Facebook Group. Here’s a few of my favorites! I love fried pickles and had to try them in my air fryer – I made them two ways – so you can have them battered or extra crunchy! Air fryer meatballs are another appetizer that can be a main dish – and I love making them – so quick and easy! Last but not least – a perfect pairing for the scallops are bacon wrapped jalapeno popper shrimp!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 16 large sea scallops, cleaned and pat dry with paper towels
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 16 toothpicks
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce (Williamson Brothers)
How to cook Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- Slice bacon in half and place the bacon in the air fryer to partially cook at 400 for 3 minutes.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels to remove any moisture.
- Wrap each scallop in 1/2 slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place scallops in air fryer (I can fit 8 at a time in my basket style air fryer)
- Lightly brush scallop with your favorite barbecue sauce. I recommend a thinner sauce – not a heavy thick sauce. You can also just spray with olive oil and salt/pepper.
- Cook at 400 for 5 minutes. Turn scallops delicately and baste again with bbq sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes at 400 until scallop is tender and opaque and bacon is cooked through. Serve hot.
- I also sprinkled a little Historic BBQ Red seasoning on them when they were done.