Air Fryer Cauliflower Parmesan is a delicious and quick way to have roasted cauliflower. With only three ingredients, this perfect side dish is very easy to make and adds a ton of flavor to this super nutritious vegetable!
What You Will ❤️ About Air Fryer Cauliflower Parmesan
- Versatile – Not only is this a great side dish, it’s also a great topping on salad or in a pasta salad.
- Quick – Cauliflower in the air fryer takes about 15 minutes – much quicker than oven roasting – but you still get that rich roasted flavor!
- Tender – Tossing the cauliflower in dressing adds a punch of flavor and the air fryer roasts the little florets to a perfect fork tender texture but still with a bite to it!
Air Fryer Cauliflower Ingredients
There’s only three ingredients to this dish – but one of them is chock full of other ingredients – but it’s still simple to make!
- Cauliflower – you’ll need 1/2 head of cauliflower for this recipe which is enough for two people. I’ve got tips on how to trim your cauliflower below.
- Olive Garden Italian Dressing – you can either buy this in the store – or use my recipe (which is spot-on!). This is chock full of garlic powder, black pepper, kosher salt and all your favorites!
- Parmesan Cheese – I like to add just a touch of freshly grated Parmesan cheese at the end
How to trim cauliflower florets
I’m a rare breed that’s been eating cauliflower since I was a kid. My dad never let me say no to a vegetable. So I’ve also been trimming it since I was a kid as well!
- Start by removing any outer leaves
- Using a sharp knife – I like a boning knife because it has a long blade and is fairly pointy – Cut the head of cauliflower in half from the top of the tree to the base
- Then cut the cauliflower half into half again
- You can easily see and cut out the core and stems so you’re just left with big florets
- From there, cut the large florets into more bite-size pieces – or you could even pull them apart!
How to season cauliflower
For this air fryer cauliflower recipe – I went with an Italian seasoning – but there are many ways to season your cauliflower! Here are a few alternate options:
- Buffalo – these Cauliflower Buffalo wings are always popular – you can mimic this by tossing your cauliflower in buffalo sauce – or you can use a buffalo seasoning with a tablespoon of olive oil so the seasoning sticks
- Indian – you can make an Indian-inspired seasoning mix with yellow curry powder, cinnamon, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper
- Spicy & Smokey – mix together smoked paprika and chili powder
How to make fresh Cauliflower in an air fryer
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets in Italian dressing
- Add cauliflower to air fryer basket at 400º for 10 min
- I would recommend keeping the cauliflower in a single layer – or maybe slightly piled. You want the air to circulate around the florets.
- Open air fryer and shake cauliflower pieces
- Grate a little fresh Parmesan over the cauliflower
- Air fry at 400º for 7 min more
- Remove from the air fryer and add a little kosher salt and a squeeze of lemon juice
This roasted cauliflower is great on top of a salad – like the Olive Garden Salad I just made. The first time I had roasted cauliflower – was on a salad bar – so it’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy it.
Get Heather’s NEW cookbook – Air Fryer Cooking for One today!
Tips, Tricks & FAQs
There are 29 grams of carbohydrates in half a head of cauliflower. If you’re eating keto – you should try and stay under 50 grams a day – but you also probably won’t eat a half head in one sitting – so you should be good with this low carb option.
You can air fry frozen cauliflower – but it’s going to be much softer using fresh. Frozen cauliflower florets retain the water more and when you air fry them – they just don’t get crispy or get more firm. That said – it’s still tasty!
Store leftovers in an airtight container (I like these glass ones) in the refrigerator for up to a week. Reheat in the air fryer at 325º for 4-5 minutes.
Definitely! Place on a baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes at 400º
What to serve with Air Fryer Cauliflower
Air fryer cauliflower is great as a side dish, snack or even appetizer – but if you’re having it as a side dish, here are some great dishes to go with it!
The Best Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes
Best Air Fryer Accessories
Here’s my ultimate list of best air fryer accessories – whether you have a basket- or oven-style! I’ve also included a price guide as well as my favorite recipes for those accessories.
Air Fryer Cauliflower Parmesan
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1/3 cup Olive Garden Italian Dressing Light version if store bought
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Toss cauliflower florets in Italian dressing1/2 head cauliflower, 1/3 cup Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- Add to air fryer basket – 400 for 10 min
- Open air fryer and stir
- Grate a little fresh Parmesan over the cauliflower2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 400 for 7 min more
- Remove from the air fryer and add a little salt